Monstrous People > The Psi Zone

People with Sacred Duties

<< < (2/11) > >>

NightSeeker:

--- Quote from: 7VII7 on December 16, 2008, 04:24:06 PM ---Hmmmmm. . . when I think of your description I think of spirtual entities who stick to their duties after death or assinged their duties in the afterlife.

Evil guardians protect mostly treasure and such while good guardians guard knowledge or other things that could potentially harm the world as a whole.

As for the living with a sacred duty if that duty requires more active participation they will reincarnate through the ages most likely retaining some or all of the memories of their past life to pursue that duty or if they think that duty is completed, and thus reincarnate normally, yet something happens ending up with the duty not being completed the bonds that tied them in the past life could be strong enough to reach through different lives and wake something in the new life.

Or instead of that there might be a relation to the duty through relation, location, etc. . .

--- End quote ---

That's what I think, too. But, what I wanted to know is if anyone knows of any old/ancient sources that I can read/research to delve more fully into this subject.  I've already met a Knight (with connections to a Greek Goddess), a Teacher, and someone who could be a Knight in a future life (if they can work some things out in this one). So this info is as much for the Knight-to-be's benefit as for mine.

NightSeeker:

--- Quote from: Zilla on December 16, 2008, 08:17:57 PM ---Perhaps they are just people who have a passion for something? I've known all my life that my purpose on earth is to protect people from evil. I see it as a calling. But that's just my opinion, and I'm certainly not an expert  :-P

--- End quote ---

It's more than just a passion. At first, it is the Feeling (an almost compulsive one) that you are supposed to be doing something, but you don't really know what. Later, it is finding yourself in certain  situations, when you have no idea how you got drawn into them, but you have an Intuitive understanding of what to do.  You are drawn to certain people (and they to you), who can direct you toward your proper path and education.  It is something that goes beyond a Calling, it is a Necessity. You can ignore a Calling (it's hard, but it can be done), you have a choice with a Calling; there is no choice with this.  You either do it, or you self-destruct, because you won't be able to handle the Forces/Situations/People it brings into your life. In which case it will overwhelm you to the point of nervous breakdown, insanity or suicide. It sounds dramatic, because it is, but it is also the truth.

Regina Terra:
That's cruel, what kind of higher being would force someone to do something in which the price of refusal is basically death or insanity?

I keep hearing about how magick brings you closer to the "godhead" and such, and how it completes you and everything by reconnecting you with all life. But if this is the price of it, losing your free will, then I don't think I want to be a part of it. Even in the one of the most tyrannical of religions, Christianity, you still have free will.

Sorry if this might be insulting, but it's the truth as I see it.

NightSeeker:

--- Quote from: Regina Terra on December 17, 2008, 10:43:19 PM ---That's cruel, what kind of higher being would force someone to do something in which the price of refusal is basically death or insanity?

I keep hearing about how magick brings you closer to the "godhead" and such, and how it completes you and everything by reconnecting you with all life. But if this is the price of it, losing your free will, then I don't think I want to be a part of it. Even in the one of the most tyrannical of religions, Christianity, you still have free will.

Sorry if this might be insulting, but it's the truth as I see it.

--- End quote ---

It's not a matter of being forced to do something against your will, as such.  This is what you agreed to do before you incarnated into this life. You agreed to experience certain things in order to (re-)awaken awareness within you. The possible consequences of IGNORING these things has the side effect of being an unstabilizing factor in your life.  It's the Cosmic equivalent of ignoring the 'DON'T WALK' sign at a cross-walk and stepping out into the middle of the street as rush-hour traffick heads towards you, with your eyes closed. You have every opportunity to, at the very least, learn to protect yourself, if not others; but the consequences arise when you make the decision to let your fear rule you, and try your best to ignore what is around you. At the very lest you will be on the verge of nervous break-down (especially Knights, as many of them seem to be Empaths), because you are refusing to get training for your abilities (even if it's just learning how to create shields to keep from being overloaded). 

It has been my experience that the Cosmos doesn't give us more than we can handle. Whether and how we choose to handle it/them determines the outcome of our life.

And you don't necessarily have to practice magick, per say, for these Duties.  Strictly speaking, you could just use mystical techniques.

Moloch:
Your description bears some similarity with some of the descriptions of Psychic Vampires that have been tossed about in the Blood Track board. It differs enough to not be the same thing, though it may have a common root. You might find some information if you go in that direction, at least for a little while. Other than that, I can't add anything to what the Fiend has already said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version