Monstrous Books > New Publications & Authors

Writers Block

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ryobi:
I would include subtle references to first world politics, (needing the blood of beings they see as weaker than themselves, invulnerable to traditional weaknesses) and in the end the bro pair represent 'necessary change' fighting to upheave and overcome the democratic governments of the modern world.

The twist at the end.  :wink:

But this isn't my story.

You could possibly introduce the Baobahn Sith and Nosferatu as warring tribes, each wanting the blood to increase their power and cause an imbalance within the vampire society. They could possibly make a fake allegiance with a group of vampires at some point (maybe introduce the traditional houses) who help protect them in exchange for the blood, however in the end they dupe them and lead them into a trap, which was intended for the bro pair, set up by another house.

The problem is, vampires have been done to death, good luck trying to find some original ideas with that one. You could introduce more of the vampire lore, the houses, their connections with other 'supernatural' beings and scientific explanations as to how vampires feed etc. It will sound like you have an incredible imagination, what readers may not realise is that quite a lot of it is truth. Those that do however, will love it for that reason.

2012 Is coming:
Thanks for the ideas Ryobi, suddenly i have renewed enthusiasm.

I shall put you in the "Thank you" section of my "Multi selling - Original Idea vampire series of books".

Rowling, Rice, Stoker watch out!!!!

Again thank you!!

Ryobi:
Anytime 2012, happy to help!  :-D

Devinoir:
I don't know, I HAD started a vampire novel and then I quit it. They were like undead Romans, a bit like Mafia, doing traffiking and slavery and that kinda stuff.. it was a pleasure to write, and yet.. I'm not a vampire novelist, I'm Devinoir.

KubeSix:
You've got a good story right there!

You could always make one of the bad super vampires turn his/her back to the others to help the main characters... It's pretty generic, though, the bad guy that becomes good is used in almost every story, but it can eb a good plot device if you use it well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version