Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Where do we go?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Robigus:
My philosophy is to find out where I go when I go without speculating, but I tell you what, if I die and find someway to come back and tell you what it's like, I'll do that for ya.

As for the perfect Heaven, it may not be exstravagent or exciting, but I believe that my Heaven is right here.  What I make it is what it shall be.  I have those who love me, respect me, and enjoy spending time with me.  I have challenges and enemies without which it would be no fun.  Besides, I like the fact of pusuing a better life through bettering my actions.  It is only in this life where my actions, my decisions, truly make a difference.  It gives me a reason to be wholesome and live with virtue without some hokey dream of the afterlife.

Sorry for rambling on, didn't mean to.  Summation:  My Heaven is here with those I love and who love me.

krollusk:
You know, I honestly don't care what happens when I die. Heaven, Hell, whatever. It's not like I'll have much choice in the matter by then, so I might as well make the most of it while I'm on Earth.

But if I could choose a heaven for myself, here it is:
A vast wilderness, unouched by any human. There are animals in abundance, from the lowly worms to gigantic dinosaurs. There has to be plenty of materials to make weapons, tools, and shelter. I would spend my days hunting, fighting the more dangerous animals, playing music on hand-made instruments, carving art into the rocks and trees, and meditating. I would be God and King in this realm, and anything I wished would be.

Zak Roy Yoballa:
Most Orthodox Christians believe that where a person goes when they die depends on whether or not they have been saved by the grace of God. 

For a believer, when we die, our "soul and spirit" for a lack of a better term, goes into the presence of the Lord, "Abraham's bossom" in Jesus' parable of the rich man and Lazarus.  Later on, when Christ comes back, we will recieve new bodies and spend the rest of eternity worshiping the Father.

For a non-believer, when they die, their soul goes to "Hades" a place of constant pain.  They are not tormented by the devil nor demons BTW.  When Christ comes back and Satan and the demons are beaten again, they will be tossed into a lake of fire for all eternity and the non believers will join them.  This place is so bad that there will be "wailing and gnashing of teeth". 

I know that DV has a different view of the afterlife and I think he supports it well.  I think that the traditional view is a more accurate picture.  I hope for the sake of all the non-believers that DV's view is correct however.  I wouldn't want anyone to suffer for eternity.

ZRY

Loki:
Being a Buddhist by choice (through born Christian), I believe our souls will travel to other forms of existence (animal, human, deity, ...) located on our or other plans until we fulfill ourselves. 

Oblivion if exist is not total as we experience brief moments of our past or future lifes. Monsters represent entities that are here to help us travel in the continuum.

I urge you to question your Christian faith and accept that monotheism cannot provide any answer to the mystery of Being.

LK

Robigus:

--- Quote from: Loki on December 31, 2006, 05:33:31 AM ---I urge you to question your Christian faith and accept that monotheism cannot provide any answer to the mystery of Being.

--- End quote ---

I honestly beg to differ as we are actually capable of creating our own relities by how we define them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version