Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Where do we go?

<< < (2/7) > >>

westerhaus!:

--- Quote from: Devious Viper on August 10, 2006, 07:00:43 PM ---Worm Food until resurrection. No heaven, no consciousness, nothing.

--- End quote ---

~But , what 'bout people who ask for  being cremated or something else before die...:?!?!?!!! , well i guess fire is purifying!! , most people prefers to be cremated than buried...i like this choice too , the cemetery is full of nostalgia and what 'bout corpses?!? , It's very loaded with 'em... i gladly prefer to be carried away by the wind... my ashes fleeing across the wind in search for the sea....or i could end-up in trash :cry:...hell...hope not!! :-P!!

~the fallen~

Morticia:

--- Quote from: Devious Viper on August 10, 2006, 07:00:43 PM ---Worm food until resurrection. No heaven, no consciousness, nothing.

--- End quote ---

I've always heard of this, but I'm not sure. 

What about the thief who hung next to Jesus at Golgotha?  Jesus said, "THIS DAY thou shalt be with me in paradise."

I never understood how all the different viewpoints fit together.

And Ghostly, either way it won't matter.  We'll be so sound asleep it will be like a state of non-existence.  Like being put under for a surgery - you faintly recall going to sleep, but have no idea how much time has passed when you wake up.

I kind of like the idea of being worm food.  I like earthworms.  They do great things for the flowers.

I'm also registered as an organ donor.  I think God will OK that one.

~Morticia

Devious Viper:
"Assuredly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43)...

When the Bible was first written, it had no punctuation within each sentence. It was only centuries later that the punctuation marks we see in our English versions were inserted. With this in mind, it is important to know that "Assuredly I say to you today" was a very common Hebrew idiom used for emphasis - much like our, "I'm telling you right now" or "Mark my words" or similar. Now look at what Jesus said again:

"Assuredly I say to you today you will be with Me in Paradise"

Understanding the language is one thing, but how can I be so sure that that is what He meant? Because the Bible clearly states that He did not ascend to Paradise but went to the grave: "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) He lay in the grave for 3 days and 3 nights; He died and was buried. Scripture does not say He died and was buried and His soul went elsewhere. After His resurrection He said to Mary "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father" (John 20:17) This was 3 days after His death, and He still had not Himself ascended to Heaven.

Ghostlyguy90:
If our body decays, do our souls just hange aroung or do they stay with the body in the eternal slumber?

Devious Viper:
There's no immortal soul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version