Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

necromancy.

(1/8) > >>

luminar:
hello there, i know there have been posts in the past by people who want to learnt to summon legions of undead and bring forth "servants" from the underworld. and prance around in dark red robes screaming im a necromancer fear me mortals! however im not that guy i dont want to practice the art i just want to understand any and all things related to the dead, undead, recently dead, necromantic, and so on and so forth. any books or websites or whatever the crap else would be much appreciated. (i probably spelled that wrong.)

Thundergod:
i do not mean to offend but i would like to state that i think necromancy is something that should be destroyed entirely if it even exist at all. we are mortal, it is not our place to raise the dead and such. and if i where dead and got raised i would be really pissed off. i could elaborate on my argument but i am to lazy. i just want to say it is stupid and all you people in pursuit of such powers need to find other hobbies. 

if you do not mind me asking, why gain knowledge you do not intend to use, if its out there, let it remain unknown, hopefully forgotten forever. 

Sick_Angel13:
Eventually websites regarding to necromancy are extremely rare, and I've read about the history of necromancy in many point of views in some books I'll have to search for later. So far I know it's one of the most ancient forms of magic and was utilized for the purpose of obtaining useful information. The word literally derives from the greek meaning corpse (nekros) and  divination (manteia). A large part of primitive shamanism, from which all forms of magic derive, was about communicating with the spirits of dead ancestors and somehow it's related to voodoo due to it's attitude toward the dead.

Raziel:
I will not comment on  the morality of such a practice, it is a person's decision if he/she wishes to delve into such arts. Those with the purest of intentions can fall, however, those with the strongest of wills and the greatest of desires will be the least likely to stray from their paths.

There is no line dividing magic from "white" or "darK" there is only the will and intention.

My trust, you shall not abuse, or your to me it belongs.

So mote it be.

http://www23.brinkster.com/falcis/

Sick_Angel13:
Raziel's right, and Christianity is one that'll agree with no line dividing white magic and black magic, to them it's all evil. Hang on, I'm rambling. :roll:

Thanks for the link Raz, there's plenty of info I was looking for on it. :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version