Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Old ones.

<< < (2/2)

Tybalt:
Common Sense.

Regina Terra:
Lmao, if sense were common, we wouldn't be killing our ecosystems. *<:)

Tybalt:

--- Quote from: Mr. Kreepy on October 11, 2008, 12:13:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tybalt on October 11, 2008, 08:18:38 AM ---Common Sense.

--- End quote ---

May I ask how one judges common sense beyond the purely mortal and biased limitations of human logic?

--- End quote ---

No.
Thats the point of common sense, it goes with out asking. Fire burns, so don't stick your hand in it. Ice is cold so don't let it go down your shirt. Pee is yellow so don't eat the yellow snow.

Tybalt:
My point was, the right thing to do was to take care of the planet so that it may prolong are existance here as long as we can or until the sun explodes on us. I suppose prolonging human race may be bad and destroying the planet so the human race dies may be better in the grand scheme of things... So lets do what were expected to do and follow common sense, most of us here have the desire to live, other wise we would've destroyed ourselves like several do every day. Common sense tells us what will kill us, we follow common sense for once, and it will increase our chances for survival. Thus in a way common sense is a judge of right and wrong. Famouse cave man words. FIRE BAD!

There is a chance that I could be totally wrong, and I will not act like that chance is small, because truly, I don't know.

But my main point in this topic was:

Which would you trust more, a person who tries to be good because he thinks if he isn't he will rot in hell, or the simple athiest tries to be good because, it sortive makes sense to try and prolong human life, he isn't working for some reward.

I would much rather take the skeptic other the religouse fark any day. This is where I may splash hate onto religion so I will stop there.

If you had that free feeling, the feeling that no matter what you did you would go to the same place after life where every one else goes, would you act to prolong life, or would you not give a damn. Most would not give a damn.

Tybalt:
Hmmm... I will have to give here. I agree. Good show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version