Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

Are mummies technically zombies?

(1/3) > >>

Regina Terra:
Cuz all they really are, is well preserved dead who are reanimated. Sooo, are they actually zombies? :?

Kadesh:
mum·my1      /ˈmʌmi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[muhm-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -mies, verb, -mied, -my·ing. –noun

1. the dead body of a human being or animal preserved by the ancient Egyptian process or some similar method of embalming. 

2. a dead body dried and preserved by nature. 

curteosy of www.dictionary.com

A mummy itself is not anything living. It's the result of a process of embalming.

zom·bie      /ˈzɒmbi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[zom-bee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun

1. (in voodoo) a. the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose. 

A zombie is the 'reanimated' corpse of something or someone. They are just terms used in different cultures that people confuse to be the same thing.

Regina Terra:
I got the idea from watching Return Of the Mummy the other day.

Kadesh:
 You got the idea from Hollywood? The same Hollywood who says that Vamps are the walking dead?

Regina Terra:
No just Hollywood, they only brought the idea up to the surface. I originally got the idea from a book where a necromancer arose a mummy to kill his enemies cuz it wouldn't rot & fall apart like ordinary zombies would.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version