Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghost hunters

ISO Major Hauntings

(1/1)

Muerte:
Greetings to everyone.

I have a question (don't we all).  I have researched for the most horribly haunted places in the United States and come up with two such places.  One is Dudley Town in CT, and Hay Stack Landing in CA.  Both have lurid histories, such that it would be more linteresting to resaerch them as opposed to trying to type it all out here, as for my question.  Do any of you know of area hauntings such as these?  No need for info on the sites here, just a name and or location will suffice.  No need for small time hauntings either, I am in search of the major baddies, the kind of place you wouldn't even want to leave your mother in law lol.  Thx in advance for all of your replies and your help.   :spy:

Muerte:
     Come on, no one has any ideas about haunted territoies in the U.S?  Ok how about this one, Stull Kansas.  Not a great as Hay Stack or Dudly Town, hell, probably more fiction than truth, but still a great read.  And remember my freinds.  Every story, good or bad, has a grain of truth to it.   :spy:

Barek Halfhand:
Hello all...
this was written just before I realized that I have suppressed these sensitivities all my life....once you get past the denial stage, the rest starts to open up quickly I have found....

this took place between 2001-2002...

Quote: I have had some instances of an uneasy "bad vibe' sort of feeling in certain places one of witch could be easily dismissed just based on the the creepy nature of the location but it is the most pronounced I can recall, for those of you in the USA you are probably familiar with the Fox series "Prison Break" this series was filmed in the Joliet Correctional center in Joliet Illinois(now closed)that I spent a considerable amount of time working as a technician during some of its remodeling .the nature of the work sent me to all areas of the prison (including ones occupied by real inmates not actors!)as well as a satellite building across the street called the annex that was originally constructed around the turn of the century to serve as a women's prison ..well in the basement of this building there is a very small cell with a tiny barred door about waist high that was used as an isolation or"seg"(segregation )for the female prisoners that misbehaved(i later found out that there were rumors of these ladies being the victims of regular abuse by the guards of the era)anyway one day my task at hand led me to this notorious area (with a coworker)and we noticed one of the small cell doors...
As I moved in for a closer look I got this overwhelming feeling of dread or like a bad energy is the best I can describe it ..it was almost like years of psychic trauma had been hewn into the stone wall of the structure that comprised the building material used to fashion the "medieval castle "style prison this one was designed to resemble (the beginning of "The Blues Brothers"has a good shot of the main building)..anyway the only way I can describe it is just a negative energy..I looked at my coworker a very Joe six pack kind guy and said "do you feel that ?" and his response was "yeah I do!"though we didn't discuss it later and he didn't bring it up again ,It wasn't till weeks later that I learned about the lore surrounding that basement being the site of abuse I have felt this sensation in other environments as well just simple empty rooms or basement that weren't aesthetically "creepy" at all at there were many times that I was alone in super creepy places and felt nothing at all I am especially interested in the stone style bricks in the prison as I believe there may be something to the residual haunting theory ,much the way an audio impression back can be played back perhaps psychic impressions can be left on certain materials and all the construction and electrical work being done (a lot of new electrical conduit nears basement cell area)could have released this "imprint" even louder . Now have I considered that I may have been feeling an EM field in the proximity of the new electrical work?..yes I have but I also know that there was something ominous about this sensation the same as the presence I have felt in the recurring sleep paralysis dreams I have(dark foggy presence etc.) ..any suggestions or comments? am I a fledgling psychic or budding schizophrenic ? (not to mention a run-on-sentancer)..............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version