Author Topic: Possiblity  (Read 10478 times)

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
Re: Possiblity
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Its in the poetry, not in the science. Its what the water represents that is important when dealing with otherworldly creatures. Water is pure and cleansing. When being used to cast out a melevolant spirit (or being) its the metaphore thats the important thing.

Now when it comes to the hitchiker ghost it physicaly manifests itself to a solid creature for no more than a few hours and to very few people. (Think about it, how many people do you know thats seen a ghost? Lots, Now how many have had a physical experience like the hitch hiker ghost? None or few) A natural susceptability to spirits must be important for a standard, non-uber powered ghost to be physical for you. The only energy available is yours and the car engine and battery.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Alexander Pope.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 04:36:18 AM »
Its in the poetry, not in the science. Its what the water represents that is important when dealing with otherworldly creatures. Water is pure and cleansing. When being used to cast out a melevolant spirit (or being) its the metaphore thats the important thing.

Thanks for the answer Angelus, I guess this means that places near water or with consistent rainfall are less likely to harbor malevolent spirits? Or would this affect spirits in general? If there aren't as many malevolent spirits, would more benefic astral bodies be drawn to the place as sanctuary?

Personally, I've always found rain relieving compared to cleansing, then again I'm not a supernatural being  :wink:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:39:14 AM by Ryobi »
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »
 Why is it that water is a problem for spirits? It's an energy in itself with the way it flows, so why would this be a bad thing for them??
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
Not all spirits. Just the "unclean" ones. The water is just part of a larger ritual. And its generaly running water. Not still. Thats why you can still get lake spirits and not many river spirits.

Kadesh. Read my last post.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
 I read that post, just didn't get it the first time. So, that's why they use "Holy Water" in exorcisms?  Lakes still have currents and tide, so is it just that it's slower moving?
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
Modern science. It is pretty much just cause its slower moving. Back in the old days they didnt take currents and tides into consideration. Most people probably didnt even know what caused them. Its not flowing in the sense of a river or such. The rules on otherworldly creatures have no scientific explanation whatsoever. They are all metaphores, symbolism and "this works because the priest/rabbi/minister/witchdoctor said so". Holy water is just the idea of the physical embodyment of cleanliness and the one thing on earth that all living things need mixed with a sacred blessing making it super powerful.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
 But Holy Water can only be as powerful as the pedophile that blessed it. :wink:
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 03:49:11 PM »
Now now. Not all priests are paedos. Just so happens most paedos are priests. Hey.... wait..... Im catholic you git! lol.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
 Catholic or not... honest is honest. I'm just saying that things can be "blessed" all they want... it's all about the 'power' of the blesser. I, personally, believe that things that occur naturally are the most powerful.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
I see where you are coming from, but I dont knock someones belief in there "magic water". I think its all in the faith of the user.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »
 Faith plays a big part, too. But how many people do you know have a strong enough faith to overcome the corruption inherent in 90% of religions today? My grandmother is the only person I can think of. She reminds me of a saying I've heard; "Faith to move mountains."
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
Good point. I have faith. But I dont trust its got me. lol.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
 See?? It's more than just one thing that makes "holy water" and other such things work.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
There are many reasons it may work. All depends on your possible belief. Theres no way to prove the paranormal, if there was it would just be called the normal. lol.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »
 You don't have to prove the paranormal to me. It's already proven itself.

But still....... can spirits actually draw energy from water? I know it's a theory that's out there... but is it fact? Is there actually any way to know for certain?
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10