Dead... And Not So Dead > The Dead and the Undead

The Body that never Decomposed

<< < (2/2)

KubeSix:

--- Quote from: Dodsengler_17 on February 05, 2010, 06:46:30 PM ---I heard of a man that lived for 256 years. He was from china. His name was Li ching-yun. Can't find much more about him.

--- End quote ---

In those cases, wikipedia is my best friend. "He claimed to be born in 1734, while disputed records suggest 1677. Both alleged lifespans of 199 and 256 years far exceed the longest confirmed lifespan of 122 years and 164 days."

--- Quote ---The article "Tortoise-Pigeon-Dog", from the May 15, 1933 issue of Time reports on his history, since it included Li Ching-Yuen's answer to his secret of a long life:

* Tranquility mind
    * Sit like a tortoise
    * Walk sprightly like a pigeon
    * Sleep like a dog

--- End quote ---

and

--- Quote ---After Li's death, General Yang Sen investigated the truth about his claimed background and age. He wrote a report that was later published. In 1933, people interviewed from his home province remembered seeing him when they were children, and that he hadn't aged much during their lifetime. Others reported that he had been friends with their grandfathers.
--- End quote ---

It's decided. I want to be him. :]

DARKLORD64:
another strange prospect is "the ungodly", these are people that by the eastern orthodox tradition are banished from the church or excommunicated. The traditions demanded they be nailed into the coffin when they died with an iron spike because when the died neither the earth nor heaven would accept their soul and they would be made to wander the earth for all time "incorrupt and entire". I'm not saying this holy man was one such entity, but it certainly means there are two sides to the coin as it were

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version