Witches Brew > The Book of Shadows

magic powers

<< < (3/27) > >>

Syris:
I don't know if it could be considered a power or not but i have a deep connection with any animal that I can see.  As far as what I want, I would like nothing else but to have to ability of free shapeshifting.

Ryobi:
Had a strange experience yesterday of what I'll now call Verusomnium. Was watching a game show when I remembered the episode, he read out a question I answered it before the contestants, this happened quite a few times. Throughout it I started to remember some of the questions as well and what contestants answered them and started to spot their lines and act as a prompter for them (not nonstop, my memory was still a little hazy). I acted as a prompter because I suddenly realised why in my dream I had been jumping up and down and shouting at a tv.

Never felt so powerful or knowing in my life. I just never want to be in a situation like prophetess Cassandra, ever.

Sweet, nearly first presence here on the forum Miyako by the way. I hear you, the human race does have the potential to develop such powers, you could see it as a similar ability to 'social skills' etc. Consequently someone may excel as a psychic but may never feel comfortable in social situations. No?

Ryobi:
Or very strong intuition Moonbaby.

Wait... how did you get that from 'potential to develop power' opinion? I see this world as much more open to free thinking than is generally believed. People enjoy change if they see growth in it, if people were still as narrow minded as they were 50 years ago Barack Obama would have never won the election (an easy example to draw upon but maybe not the best). Companies look for initiative and the ability to think outside the box when hiring, they look for the guy who stands out and who will bring something knew to the company.

What the world is not very welcome to, is the person who thinks freely but won't think realistically. There is a difference.

Verusomnium is a word based on the latin phrase 'dreaming truth'. Thought it was slightly fitting  :-P

Ryobi:
No, I don't know latin. My mother is very into ancient history, as a result she thinks it necessary to know latin so she can read most of the first hand sources left behind. I was talking about deja-vu one time and as is usual and eccentric she replied 'ah! Somnium verus vices (or something similar)' and a name was born.

Devinoir:
I once knew a girl who knew latin *starting to weep hysterically*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version