MonsterVision > Classic Horror

KING KONG vs. GODZILLA THE WHOLE STORY

<< < (3/8) > >>

thneedly:
I hate comparisons between Gojira and Kong.

They're two entirely different things.
American giant monsters were always a lot smaller than Japanese monsters. Maybe we don't have to compensate  :-P
But Japanese monsters are ridiculously huge, and were usually meant to symbolize something like nuclear weapons or destructive natural disasters.
Whereas the American monster were just giant monsters for us to kill and look awesome.
Personally, I prefer the American ones.

Raziel:
I prefer hanibal lechter or Kain from LOK but thats just me. :lol:

TheTerror:

--- Quote from: thneedly on August 14, 2008, 03:45:31 PM ---I hate comparisons between Gojira and Kong.

They're two entirely different things.
American giant monsters were always a lot smaller than Japanese monsters. Maybe we don't have to compensate  :-P
But Japanese monsters are ridiculously huge, and were usually meant to symbolize something like nuclear weapons or destructive natural disasters.
Whereas the American monster were just giant monsters for us to kill and look awesome.
Personally, I prefer the American ones.

--- End quote ---
I have to agree
but I do like the tri-star godzilla

newbloodmoon:
Speaking Japanese monsters versus American monsters.  In Godzilla End Wars, the Japanese Godzilla stomped all over the American version.  It was very good since the American version of Godzilla sucked beyond all belief.

TheTerror:
Exuse-moi s'il vous plaît, pouvez-vous dire à nouveau que.

American godzillia could and always will beat the Jap one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version