Author Topic: Where do we go?  (Read 9279 times)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
Re: Where do we go?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:09:02 AM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:39:05 AM by Moloch »

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 01:09:31 AM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:39:20 AM by Moloch »

Wolfyna

• Monstrous Imp
    • Rock4ever
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 06:42:24 AM »
Many of monsters ar undied
Wolfs are the best!

Sick_Angel13
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 07:55:27 AM »
I prefer the idea of Oblivion to all others. But that's just me.

Good one, and I don't like the idea of resurrection. I prefer eternal sleep, the Lord knows a soul can be destroyed and scared the sufficent enough to continue, we deserve a vacation. :wink:

When I was really really REALLY young me and my long lost childhood pal, Shawn, we both imagined what heaven will be like. By the looks of it everyone has their very own paradise. Like, for example, If you were to choose a place to spend for eternity, where would it be?
Shawn said when he dies he'd like to go to a Jamaica-like beach with coconut water, hammerlocks tied to palm trees and surrounded by a bunch of big-breasted blonde hula-hula girls.*dies laughing* Well, if it's his paradise, let it be.

Yuck, I don't like earthworms. I'm gonna be a organ donor. I'm planning to be a blood donor when I come of age and giving my eyes and organs for donation when I die. See? I'm even going to be useful in my dying day :-D

phyrrestar
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 06:27:45 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what happens, but I'm betting Oblivion, honestly.  At least there's nothing to worry about then, quite literally.

Hypothetically, though, if I got to choose my own heaven it would probably be something straight out of a fantasy book.  Basically, I'd like the opportunity to play out all the daydreams I've had in my lifetime and perhaps add more once I'm done with those until I just want to rest forever.  This includes both the good and the bad, because you can't really appreciate how wonderful some parts of life are unless you've had the hardship with it.  I would never wish to go into a heaven with no pain because the feeling of joy would be lost.  Humans aren't made to be perpetually happy, and I don't think we'd like it very much if we had to be.

I may like the worms, but I'm an organ donor, too.  I certainly won't be needing those parts later.

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • With only a Bullet and a Prayer...
    • Sacred Texts- It Goes There
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 08:14:38 AM »
My heaven wouldnt have any clothes, beautiful women, a gym, friends and family, and the fastest internet connection. But mostly, no clothing.
I unify in order to enlighten
Attracting life.
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the magnetic tone of purpose.
I am guided by my own power doubled.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

Ghostlyguy90

• Black Monk
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 09:20:11 AM »
My heaven wouldnt have any clothes, beautiful women, a gym, friends and family, and the fastest internet connection. But mostly, no clothing.

hmmm nudist or sumthin? My heaven would probably be in the jungle or something full of excitement and other things that resemble a lara croft game. I just don't want to be bored in the next life, and when I reach eighteen, I am becoming an organ donor, I'm not going to be using my organs so may as well help someone else as a last act of kindness.
Life is like the original fairytales of Europe, depressing and gory.

Sick_Angel13
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
Organ donor is nice, once I come of age I insist on giving organs after my death; eyeballs and stuff like that.
A blood donor is a sort of my childhood dream. (I like needles)

My heaven? Oblivion is preferred but a place where my soul can rest forever. Probably a huge old candlelit castle with a red/black rose garden and gargoyle/skeleton/sad_angel statues, the palest full moon,  next to a forest of dead trees and a waterfall. Include the castle with a nice big library and a black/red campony bed and a fireplace and my soul is rest assured. If there is a pale young and handsome vampiric guy playing piano or wrist-violin for me death really can't be that bad. :evil: :-D

So you're planning on going to these forums after your death as well? Dude you're my hero.

Nah, did I mention my heaven includes a old grandfather clock in the corridor, a bedroom with French windows and a closet full of dark outfits? Oh please, in heaven I don't see myself with anyone but my pet cat and a few ravens. Family and friends haven't been wanting me around ever since it wouldn't change now anyways.

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • With only a Bullet and a Prayer...
    • Sacred Texts- It Goes There
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »
I am not a nudist, I just like being naked. Is that so wrong?

The Phantom will live on forever here!
I unify in order to enlighten
Attracting life.
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the magnetic tone of purpose.
I am guided by my own power doubled.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

phyrrestar
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »
Actually, nudity is quite comfy at times, but having the option of clothes would also be pleasant for practical reasons.  Of course, if it was your heaven I suppose you wouldn't have to worry about diseases, insects, cold, or pain.  Unless you want those in your heaven, too?

Robigus
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »
My philosophy is to find out where I go when I go without speculating, but I tell you what, if I die and find someway to come back and tell you what it's like, I'll do that for ya.

As for the perfect Heaven, it may not be exstravagent or exciting, but I believe that my Heaven is right here.  What I make it is what it shall be.  I have those who love me, respect me, and enjoy spending time with me.  I have challenges and enemies without which it would be no fun.  Besides, I like the fact of pusuing a better life through bettering my actions.  It is only in this life where my actions, my decisions, truly make a difference.  It gives me a reason to be wholesome and live with virtue without some hokey dream of the afterlife.

Sorry for rambling on, didn't mean to.  Summation:  My Heaven is here with those I love and who love me.

krollusk
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »
You know, I honestly don't care what happens when I die. Heaven, Hell, whatever. It's not like I'll have much choice in the matter by then, so I might as well make the most of it while I'm on Earth.

But if I could choose a heaven for myself, here it is:
A vast wilderness, unouched by any human. There are animals in abundance, from the lowly worms to gigantic dinosaurs. There has to be plenty of materials to make weapons, tools, and shelter. I would spend my days hunting, fighting the more dangerous animals, playing music on hand-made instruments, carving art into the rocks and trees, and meditating. I would be God and King in this realm, and anything I wished would be.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:15:50 AM by krollusk »

Zak Roy Yoballa

• Realized Monster
  • We can't all be beautiful people
    • http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/bgm/pics/
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
Most Orthodox Christians believe that where a person goes when they die depends on whether or not they have been saved by the grace of God. 

For a believer, when we die, our "soul and spirit" for a lack of a better term, goes into the presence of the Lord, "Abraham's bossom" in Jesus' parable of the rich man and Lazarus.  Later on, when Christ comes back, we will recieve new bodies and spend the rest of eternity worshiping the Father.

For a non-believer, when they die, their soul goes to "Hades" a place of constant pain.  They are not tormented by the devil nor demons BTW.  When Christ comes back and Satan and the demons are beaten again, they will be tossed into a lake of fire for all eternity and the non believers will join them.  This place is so bad that there will be "wailing and gnashing of teeth". 

I know that DV has a different view of the afterlife and I think he supports it well.  I think that the traditional view is a more accurate picture.  I hope for the sake of all the non-believers that DV's view is correct however.  I wouldn't want anyone to suffer for eternity.

ZRY
Your attitude is the only thing they can't take from you.

Loki

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Realized Monster
    • Monstrous.com
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 05:33:31 AM »
Being a Buddhist by choice (through born Christian), I believe our souls will travel to other forms of existence (animal, human, deity, ...) located on our or other plans until we fulfill ourselves. 

Oblivion if exist is not total as we experience brief moments of our past or future lifes. Monsters represent entities that are here to help us travel in the continuum.

I urge you to question your Christian faith and accept that monotheism cannot provide any answer to the mystery of Being.

LK

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist. - Charles Baudelaire (French and monstrous poet).

Robigus
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 01:15:02 AM »
I urge you to question your Christian faith and accept that monotheism cannot provide any answer to the mystery of Being.

I honestly beg to differ as we are actually capable of creating our own relities by how we define them.