MonsterVision > Monstrous TV

Falling Skies

(1/2) > >>

Nina:
We all know of Steven Spielberg's fascination with aliens, but with this one he took a step further and created a pretty realistic post apocalypse world, a world devastated by lizard spiders from outer space. The series begins six months after the initial invasion, and we follow survivors that are regrouping and trying to fight back. Sure, it has its "God Bless America" moments, like when they have improvised school on the field and there is a flag on the teachers stand. I really doubt that in such a world people would have time to staple the flags all over, but I wont hold it against him. The story is done in a decent way, with a few flips that certainly add the juice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjroVVhe8G0

Jake:
I quite liked this series. It definitely slipped under the radar though.

ViciouslyMe:
It was alright, better than I expected. I wouldn't say it slipped under the radar though, there was way too much tv prootional time for it.

Jake:

--- Quote from: ViciouslyMe on December 01, 2011, 05:13:29 PM ---...there was way too much tv prootional time for it.

--- End quote ---

Not so much outside of the US. I expected a Spielberg offering to get much more media saturation than it did. When it aired in the UK for example, it scored less viewers than "Mexican Food Made Easy" which was showing at the same time on a comparatively obscure channel.

ViciouslyMe:
Ah, UK, my bad. In the US it was overly promoted. So in the UK people (not all, but apparently enough) care more about 'Mexican Food Made Easy'? I am saddened, you have saddened me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version