Witches Brew > Dreaming

How do you meditate?

(1/3) > >>

phyrrestar:
Per request, here's a place for people to post how they meditate in order to give some ideas for those starting into any type of magic.  I, for one, found meditation to be an essential part of magickworking, and it has stuck with me as a mental aid now that I don't practice as well.

How I do it: I used to do this with a candle in front of me to help me focus, but I can't have those in my dorm so I now just sit on my bed with nothing near me.  Usually I'll close my eyes and purposefully tense and relax every muscle in my body while counting up from one.  By the time I hit about 60, I'm usually fairly relaxed so I start to let my mind wander and design a picture of where I am.  I continue counting to 60 again or until the image becomes clear. 
At this point as I'm very good with visualization including all the senses, I'm usually able to ask my personal guides to visit and ask them questions.  I can also just relax or seek out something that's been disturbing me.  I generally meditate with a purpose, and when I get here I can move about easily to complete whatever task I wish.  When finished, my mind will fall out of the meditation if its own accord.

A few notes: I had a *very* hard time with this when I started.  I had to try many methods until I found one that worked for me.  I can't "blank my mind" so instead I count to switch my focus to something monotonous.  Also, simply *doing* the meditation greatly increased my ability to sense and manipulate energy because I understood the workings of my mind better and I could feel the energy there.  After meditation it was a simple step for me to learn to gather it and manipulate it to my will.

tormentor:
It's nearly the same kind of meditation I attend to in my kong-fu lessons  :lol: but how do you keep focused, I keep a "string" of focus for about 15 minutes but after that it's cut and I have to start all over.

P.S thanks for the topic I needed it greatly  :@0

~ Tormentor

phyrrestar:
I keep focused through sheer practice and repitition.  The more I did it, the longer I could hold the meditation.  Now I almost never drop it before I mean to unless my roommate enters the room (I don't meditate around her) or something equally disturbing happens.

Robigus:
My meditation techniques and the way I gather energy is to simply listen to loud, energetic music as I focus intensely.  The music that I listen to is specifically chosen for the purpose of the energy because of how it feels to me.  It regulates my energy-flow.

tormentor:
Why when I meditate everything seem to happen the otherway. When I meditate before exams for instance, I get lower result than the prior one that I havent meditated before it. lol

This is just a silly example of a .. hmm.. gallery!

~ Tormentor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version