Witches Brew > Dreaming

Odd or significant dreams

(1/13) > >>

Daemonin:
Well, I would like a third opinion on a couple of dreams I have had over the past three or four years, but I think an explanation is in order.  I have many lucid dreams, normal dreams, and dreams in which I know I am dreaming, but I cannot change anything despite my desires to.  It's the last type of dream that always gives me concerns because if it is MY dream, and it's in MY mind, why can't my mind change it when I should be able to?

If you have an answer to that, do tell.

But anyway, a couple of years ago I had a dream that I gave birth to twin wolf pups.  When I wrote this dream down I noted that I had not really done anything to provoke a dream about wolves, much less giving birth to two.  Ideas?  Since that dream I have had dreams about wolves guiding me or just being with me, so it really started a trend.

I have many rape dreams, but I think there are maybe three that stick out the most to me.  The one of the three that disturbed me the most is this:  One night I dreamt that I was tricked into thinking this creature (whatever it was) was my boyfriend.  When I least expected it, the creature revealed itself and mocked me as it held me down and... yeah.  I tried to change the dream, but it wouldn't work, so I woke myself up. The next morning my boyfriend said he had an awful dream that night about having to watch me be raped by something and having no way to get to me.  I just thought it was interesting.  Of the other two, the most recent was a rape/self-sacrifice dream that I couldn't change despite trying to change it.

I have many many other dreams I would like to discuss, but I will spare you all the torment for now :-)

thneedly:

--- Quote from: Daemonin on August 28, 2008, 07:08:50 AM ---Well, I would like a third opinion on a couple of dreams I have had over the past three or four years, but I think an explanation is in order.  I have many lucid dreams, normal dreams, and dreams in which I know I am dreaming, but I cannot change anything despite my desires to.  It's the last type of dream that always gives me concerns because if it is MY dream, and it's in MY mind, why can't my mind change it when I should be able to?

If you have an answer to that, do tell.

--- End quote ---

For the same reason sleep paralysis happens. Just because you're aware of what's going on in your own mind, doesn't mean you have any control over it. If that were the case, people wouldn't have bad trips while using hallucinogens.

--- Quote from: Daemonin on August 28, 2008, 07:08:50 AM ---But anyway, a couple of years ago I had a dream that I gave birth to twin wolf pups.  When I wrote this dream down I noted that I had not really done anything to provoke a dream about wolves, much less giving birth to two.  Ideas?  Since that dream I have had dreams about wolves guiding me or just being with me, so it really started a trend.

--- End quote ---

Nothing in specific had to provoke the dream. If you've ever encountered a wolf, heard of a wolf, seen a wolf, or read about a wolf, it's in your mind, and in dreams anything goes.

--- Quote from: Daemonin on August 28, 2008, 07:08:50 AM ---I have many rape dreams, but I think there are maybe three that stick out the most to me.  The one of the three that disturbed me the most is this:  One night I dreamt that I was tricked into thinking this creature (whatever it was) was my boyfriend.  When I least expected it, the creature revealed itself and mocked me as it held me down and... yeah.  I tried to change the dream, but it wouldn't work, so I woke myself up. The next morning my boyfriend said he had an awful dream that night about having to watch me be raped by something and having no way to get to me. 

--- End quote ---

Sorry about that. If I had known it was your dream I was invading, I would have chosen someone else  <^>

Daemonin:
Lol, stay outta my dreeeeams!

But yeah, you've made some good points and I will keep those in mind.   It's really annoying though that I have that stuff happen to me while I sleep.  I mean, come on, birthing wolf pups?  What was I ON?!  Doesn't help that my mate is a twin and associates with wolf spirits with his shamanistic self.  I had the dream before I met him, and now I'm wondering if it is a coincidence or what...

Nina:

--- Quote ---It's the last type of dream that always gives me concerns because if it is MY dream, and it's in MY mind, why can't my mind change it when I should be able to?
--- End quote ---

If you are psychosensitive, not all dreams can be changed by simply wishing it. Maybe you are having visions of some sort?

--- Quote ---But anyway, a couple of years ago I had a dream that I gave birth to twin wolf pups.  When I wrote this dream down I noted that I had not really done anything to provoke a dream about wolves, much less giving birth to two.  Ideas?  Since that dream I have had dreams about wolves guiding me or just being with me, so it really started a trend.
--- End quote ---

Wolf is your totem, and you should follow its guidance. You cant provoke your totem spirit to contact you, unless you had some trauma in your life and it decided it was time to help you, give you strength and guidance.

--- Quote ---One night I dreamt that I was tricked into thinking this creature (whatever it was) was my boyfriend.  When I least expected it, the creature revealed itself and mocked me as it held me down and... yeah.  I tried to change the dream, but it wouldn't work, so I woke myself up. The next morning my boyfriend said he had an awful dream that night about having to watch me be raped by something and having no way to get to me
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, an incubus maybe?  Could be related to your totem contacting you. If you want, you can send me a pm of other dreams as well, your dreams are reminding me of my own....

Daemonin:
I will definitely PM you when I get the chance.  I have class now so it may be a while.

Thank you :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version