Monstrous Music & Games > Favorite bands

How the Beatles destroyed Rock and Roll. Its true, believe it or not.

(1/1)

Redfan45x:
http://www.austinchronicle.com/music/2009-07-17/810720/

very interesting book that I agree with, anyone who knows anything about 1950's rock and roll more than just the usual "elvis" crap would agree with this.
They turned it from music that black people, white people, men and women were putting so much work into,
and turned it into pretty much white kids and later on hippies.
Im not going to say they were bad artists, but the Beatles ruined what rock and roll was supposed to become.
They certainly changed it. And alot of people today are starting to see for the worse.

Nina:
I think the worst thing they could do is make boy bands what they are today.... unforgivable...

Redfan45x:
What they did was remove the line between rock and roll and pop, and made everyone think its the same thing

onepiece:

--- Quote from: Redfan45x on May 18, 2011, 01:14:33 PM ---What they did was remove the line between rock and roll and pop, and made everyone think its the same thing

--- End quote ---

but it is.......isn't it..... :lol: (just joking)

but anyway its not that bad how it turned out, i guess.

Redfan45x:

--- Quote from: onepiece on May 20, 2011, 06:54:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Redfan45x on May 18, 2011, 01:14:33 PM ---What they did was remove the line between rock and roll and pop, and made everyone think its the same thing

--- End quote ---

but it is.......isn't it..... :lol: (just joking)

but anyway its not that bad how it turned out, i guess.

--- End quote ---
No it isn't too bad, but Id still rather listen to 50's rock than the beatles, i mean its the stuff that created the beatles too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version