Monstrous Music & Games > Favorite bands

IRON MAIDEN

(1/2) > >>

Shadow:
Suprise, Suprise Iron Maiden is my first review on Monstrous.

Well, Iron Maiden also known as Maiden were one of the biggest things in the 80's or so i'm told I came a bit after... They started of as a small band, strange how bands always do that. They became really popular in the 80's but lost a lot of fans because of an ever changing line-up mostly when Bruce penisinson (Vocals) left but rejoined later. Maiden started of in the Pop/Rock scene that was massive in the 80's but have slowly been excepted into the Metal genre and are now one of the biggest Metal bands on record. Maiden are known as a live band because of the amount of tours they do and how many Live album's they have released. The band member's all admit they are completely different but have some how managed to create an almost perfect heavy sound with well ranged Vocals. The lyrics written by Steve Harris have a helluva lot of meaning when sat down and listened to properly but are also great for parties. Maiden have three guitarist's (Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers.) Making them an incredibly hard band to match Music wise. Bruce penisinson the lead vocalist is one of the best in the world and love's being an outspoken person which he demonstrates on stage. Steve Harris (Bass Guitar) Is the founder of the band and is arguable the best Bass player in the world with some people going as far as to say his Bass playing is like lead guitar. Last but not least is Nicko McBrain the drummer, he has a really great rythem and seems flawless on stage, He is described by Steve Harris as a complete whirlwind with a great sense of humour.

Iron Maiden is definantly a great band that is really good in so many ways. Other bands always say that they are a joy to play with and they seem like a bunch of great guy's. Iron Maiden are definately a must have for any 80's rocker or anybody who like's Rock or Metal. I give them a 9/10.

Please feel free to add anything on Maiden or discuss them and post new's here.

Devious Viper:
I've never seen Maiden live, but at the Lorelei Festival in Germany in 1989/90(?) (we were actually following Marillion on tour aound Europe) I managed to attract Bruce penisinson's attention long enough to get back-stage access (everyone else was shouting in German.) And Janick Gers - I saw him live when he played with Gillan. Can't recall which tour - I was younger then, and drunk! :wink: (Hmm, possibly "Magic" tour... either way, I preferred Bernie Torme.)

Back to Maiden... As an "oldie" I have to say that I prefer the early, pre-penisinson material. Di'Anno era Maiden for me!

Shadow:
I think Bruce is the best myself, his vocals are incredibly good. Blaze Bayley would probably be second. I'm more into there newer stuff probably because I was alive then :lol:  You've been around a bit longer!

Scotty:
Death On The Road

6. Number Of The Beast
7. Brave New World

Saw them on Much, last Night. Great show never got to hear them much in the past.

Shadow:
Their live show's are always awesome but unfortunatley I have never seen them live  :cry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version