Author Topic: Generic wanabee demon hunter profile  (Read 7803 times)

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
Generic wanabee demon hunter profile
« on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »
Hi my name is ....insertcooldemonhuntingname....  i am/want to be a demon hunter

I am totally dedicated to my cause
i am willing to pay any price
i just want to save people from evil
i am psychic
My friend was possessed and we tried to fight the demon away
What advice can you give me on how to start?

How many times have we seen something like this on the forums?

I thought about making a thread to direct people to the next time one of these clones turns up here. Just out of spite i guess.

What else can we say about these stereotypical demon hunters?

Please add appropriate characteristics of our twilight watching generic cannon fodder below.

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
Re: Generic wanabee demon hunter profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »
Haha, nice. Let's see...other characteristics my father was in the occult and/or had a deal with a demon.

They all seem to have the same start, or experiences.
-The shadows connect us all-

Giovannie
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
Guys, guys why hurt yourselfs in thinking of characteristics?
I'm gonna put 1 link here. 1!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(TV_series)

'Nuff said.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 04:43:35 PM »
I have yet to see a single episode of this. (No tv for 15 years now)

Is this what is to blame for all the clones passing through?

I was kind of wondering what sort of common uniform these people would wear?
or what gear they would carry when hunting

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »
another really common one I have seen is 'This girl that I sort of like but she doesn't really like me is being hurt by demons' type dealio. I think there might be some falsified beliefs showing through: meaning- girl has a rough time, they have a crush on her, they want to save her/protect her, therefore what else than to blame demons for her suffering because it can't just be regular human suffering/ let me try to impress her by saving her by things that is not really there?

I have to agree the show supernatural has influenced the minds of many people. The show is pretty much inaccurate you might as well go and assume true blood is just as real.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

Giovannie
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
another really common one I have seen is 'This girl that I sort of like but she doesn't really like me is being hurt by demons' type dealio. I think there might be some falsified beliefs showing through: meaning- girl has a rough time, they have a crush on her, they want to save her/protect her, therefore what else than to blame demons for her suffering because it can't just be regular human suffering/ let me try to impress her by saving her by things that is not really there?

I have to agree the show supernatural has influenced the minds of many people. The show is pretty much inaccurate you might as well go and assume true blood is just as real.

TRUE BLOOD IS REAL DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT ISN'T! IT IS! IT IS!

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44:41 AM »
lol. True Blood. I actually thought I would hate that show but I got hooked on it. And Supernaturals lore is quite good. They are quite accurate with the lore, methods and such things of the monster. I like these shows. But that is all they are. TV Shows. Wannabe demon hunters don't seem to realise this. Everyone knows that the truth about demon hunting is this..... One girl in all the world. She alone must face the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer! And when the world doesn't end in 2012 we will all know we have Buffy to thank. Lol. But yeah, the wannabe hunters dont seem to realise that it is not what it is on tv. I say this on every demon hunting thread when some wannabe asks....... It isn't like the TV. It should be called demon spotting as you rarely get contact. You spend most of your time going to a place with suspicious paranormal events, interview a few people, set up an investigation, record what you find, study your findings against the findings and experiences of others, identify what it is (if there is anything), exorcise it in whatever way seems fit and then go back home and go to work the next day. It is not something you can do as a living, only a hobby. I am not a called Demon Hunter. That sounds like I have acne and still live with my mum. I am a Paranormal Investigator or Spooky Detective as some of my mates have dubbed me.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Alexander Pope.

Giovannie
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
I am a Paranormal Investigator or Spooky Detective as some of my mates have dubbed me.

Who still lives with his mum? :o
You never denied that!

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
I'm 24 years old. If I still lived with my mum I would kill myself.

bhambrice
  • Christians
  • Young Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Hi my name is ....insertcooldemonhuntingname....  i am/want to be a demon hunter

I am totally dedicated to my cause
i am willing to pay any price
i just want to save people from evil
i am psychic
My friend was possessed and we tried to fight the demon away
What advice can you give me on how to start?

What else can we say about these stereotypical demon hunters?

Please add appropriate characteristics of our twilight watching generic cannon fodder below.

Please don't forget the numerous times when people on this forum gives advise the "stereotypic demon hunter" gets---
defensive, obnoxious, offensive, and rude!

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
and secretly continue to practice ritualistic masturbation..........

(thinking it has some mystical effect other than making them just a w**ker)

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 03:43:57 PM »
Remember that guy. He was weird.

cylinder2166

• Young Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
OOH! You need some supplies, a bible, holy water, gun(s), maybe a crusifix if you believe in them... OH and clothes, if you don't dress cool then you won't get the full experience, just clear out whatever hot topic has in the goth section then tailor it. Make sure to read the meditation threads and be 'solid' in your mind otherwise you might lose control. Definetly get your sob story strait in case you and a hot lady are trapped in a room. Review every supernatural episode, read the bible cover to cover, and since your psychic make sure you train that too. If I were you and had a history of it then maybe a big tatoo that says "NEVER FORGET" across my back and a huge L on my forehead
New Signature

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 07:18:22 PM »
OOH! You need some supplies, a bible, holy water, gun(s), maybe a crusifix if you believe in them... OH and clothes, if you don't dress cool then you won't get the full experience, just clear out whatever hot topic has in the goth section then tailor it. Make sure to read the meditation threads and be 'solid' in your mind otherwise you might lose control. Definetly get your sob story strait in case you and a hot lady are trapped in a room. Review every supernatural episode, read the bible cover to cover, and since your psychic make sure you train that too. If I were you and had a history of it then maybe a big tatoo that says "NEVER FORGET" across my back and a huge L on my forehead

This made me laugh so much!
"The reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

"For those who say I am evil; hear this, what you hold in such disdain is my humanity."

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
and how can we forget

every chick loves a demon hunter

right?