Author Topic: Twilight?! by SM  (Read 15967 times)

Raysa

• Monstrous Imp
  • Empath, sociopath, or muse?
Twilight?! by SM
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:22:49 AM »
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer . . .

Now, before any HQ & self respected readers proceed trolling and whatnot, I assure you that I'm not particularly a fan. Aargh, the damn book is all over the news, it's maddening.

Apparently, it's farking famous. World-wide-famous kind. Oh, the endearing love between a [glittery&flawlessly flawless] vampire and [MarySue a la Ultimatus] human girl.

^^ Let's discuss the books/movie. I'd like to hear your thoughts, comments, complains/etc about it, and for those who are clueless to what it is, google it.
@}-,-'--,--'-

Bathed in fire, suckling on the moon, born of passion.

thefang1
  • Young Beast
Re: Twilight?! by SM
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
I have never read the Twilight series and do not plan to.  I'd just like to point out that, from what I've heard, the storyline is based on a human-vampire romance.  This is a common love that cannot be story, and I personally think that any book that uses it should have some kind of twist to it, but there isn't according to my knowledge.  Not that I want to insult anybody or their opinion, but I think that Twilight, like Harry Potter, is a repetitious, unimaginative, falsely advertised, and generally predictable series.

Blackout
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
Not that I want to insult anybody or their opinion, but I think that Twilight, like Harry Potter, is a repetitious, unimaginative, falsely advertised, and generally predictable series.

I have read them and I agree. AND there is FOUR of them, same story in all of them, she gets in trouble and ht gets her out of it. :-P

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »
Now that I've read this, I doubt that I'll be reading this series.

rockandrollxcore
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
The books were terrible. I read all four within 6 days because they were written by, I swear to God, a 15 year old girl with only a 9th grade English Composition class to her previous writing credits. If you start reading them and continue to read all four because you're hoping they will get better (like I did), and mature in character development, story line and action, don't hold your breath.

Eric Carle puts more emotion and thought into his his books...

ShadowKissed

• Vampires
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
I liked the books.  I think the thing that makes me like them is the fact that she explains things in detail...  I remember a couple of times she would be describing one thing and it would take her about 5 pages to explain it.  But the books weren't as good as everyone makes them to be.  It's just a typical Vampire and Human puppy-love novel.

cornixsanguis

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the books, although I can say that she had a good plot going on. The one thing that really got me was the sparkly vampires. I've never heard of a vampire being discoball like.
TMT

Regina Terra

• Realized Monster
  • The Pink Reaper Raper aka petpet. ;-3
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »
Lol, I think I got my hands on one of her books, but I just couldn't get into it. I am a big Anita Blake fan, just can't get into anything else these days. :laugh:
Gabriel, "Don't kill yourself for it would crush my angelic heart. I love you for who you are and I'm glad I met you. :]"

"I'm going to break him, and there will be blood."

markus
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:51 PM »
My daughter read these novels and she did not like them  *<:)

Has to be bad, she likes them puppy love novels
What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?

We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One

sexywolfgirl

• Weres
  • High Priest
    • Allpoetry
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »
I have to disagree. I love the series. I have read the 1st book, and I plan to read the other 3. i also plan to watch the movie. ilove how edward saves and cares about Bella. It is so romantic. I would date edwrd if he were real. He is soo my type.  :laugh:
Insanity is a fun state of mind. I can amuse myself and have my friends wanting to get me a straight jacket and a padded room.

markus
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
Where's all the killing and draining humans of their tasty, warm blood? I guess a little love is okay, but there's a point where this unreal love thing is going too far.

Agreed

Sparkly vampires......OMG  :doh:

Vampires are evil and are killers....thats they way they should be kept...not nicey nicey...oh just thinking about nice loving sweet vampires makes me want to hurl.....who ever heard of a wimpy vampire...never until now  :doh: :gun:

Yes .....vampires can be romantic, even then...the one they love, they kill and turn them into a vampire
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 02:33:37 AM by markus »

We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 05:26:27 AM »
Even Lestat, arguably one of the most effeminate vampire characters ever conceived, was a completely and thoroughly ruthless killer at times. In fact, he was, in the Anne Rice books, the epitome of what it meant to be a vampire.

markus
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »
Even Lestat, arguably one of the most effeminate vampire characters ever conceived, was a completely and thoroughly ruthless killer at times. In fact, he was, in the Anne Rice books, the epitome of what it meant to be a vampire.

That is most true Mo

And he enjoyed it too...being ruthless

avocabryan

• Vampires
  • Monstrous Imp
  • I am Infinite.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 06:21:16 AM »
I love these books. She also wrote a book called the host. They are all very good. I would do nearly anything to get my hands on them.
An Eye for  an eye, will make the whole world go blind- Mohandas Ghandi.

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »
You know, I do actually find the mere ideas she's come up with offensive. It's one thing to use a new idea, or put a new angle on it, but this is destructive. What Anne Rice did was a logical extension of the vampire mythos. What this moron did was not a logical extension of what Anne Rice did. It is just trash.