Author Topic: To track a demon?  (Read 13130 times)

syress
  • Monstrous Imp
To track a demon?
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:06:28 AM »
Hello everyone i am new at Monstrous and i love to study demonology and angelic lore.
I discovered this site when i was looking for demon hunting advice and i had read many posts here. But i still have one question that i cant find how to track a demon.
I have read that there are a few here who have experience with demons and i know demonic omens is one way. But how does a hunter start and find where they are what they are.

Vince_03
  • Weres
  • Realized Monster
Re: To track a demon?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:16:17 AM »
the better question here is do you really want to be a hunter. this will not be an easy, not to mention, pleasurable work
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

syress
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:07:53 AM »
I have a hunger for knowledge and truth, the alternative of not knowing would be harder for me.
That is why i am interested in tracking then slowly progressing up the ladder.

Regina Terra

• Realized Monster
  • The Pink Reaper Raper aka petpet. ;-3
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:41:57 AM »
The best advice you can get is to find someone near you, where you live. Who has personal knowledge, &, or, experience. Getting info on the web, & hands on experience, just does not compare. No matter how much info anyone can give, it will just not prepare you.

Don't think I am trying to discourage you however. If you have a passion for this, then best of luck.
Gabriel, "Don't kill yourself for it would crush my angelic heart. I love you for who you are and I'm glad I met you. :]"

"I'm going to break him, and there will be blood."

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »
to find a demon you just have to know where to look. I would do research on it first but I am just curious as to why you really want to find demons. Do you want to just know more about them or did you want to benefit mankind and help stop the tyranny of the problems they cause? If you are just looking for knowledge i would just stick to the books because then your fiddling in things that you shouldn't be involved in. Bad things happen when you disrupt the balances of nature. If you are trying to help mankind and protect them I just give you warning your going to piss off a lot of forces and people by doing so be careful. Try not to get your friends and family involved with it because demons may hurt them to get back at you. Just try not to do anything stupid without a lot of research about it first. Actually there are many demon hunters and exorcist out there you just have to go look. It takes many years of research to understand the capability of what demons can do with their manipulative powers.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

LetterEphesus
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »
I have a thread that addresses this sort of thing, but I'll save you the trouble. As you have said, tracking a demon can be done through omens, which is the safest way for it to be done. The only other conventional means of tracking a demon are a bit...cruel. Demons always have a pattern of attack, strategic coordinations that range from branching out of an area to forming a symbol out of death sites. You could try to find out the demon's strategy and predict where it will strike next, but this could mean having to wait for it to kill its next victim. I wouldn't exactly reccomend this, and there are other less heartless ways of tracking one, but other means are usually linked with the occult, and I cannot reccomend those means to anyone. Studying demonology, you would probably know that demons can easily manifest through occultic practices; therby making them dangerous to yourself and others.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »
demons don't always kill and there are many ways to track demons down without getting involved with religions and only some of these deal with demon rituals. I would just like to make it clear on here that not all cults deal with demons. I have been looking closely at new religious movements and the accusations that people put onto these religions and have figured out that it is very rare if they deal with demons at all. Technically demons can manifest through many practices not just the occultic sort. If we really look at it demons like to come out at the mainstream religions more so than through the smaller groups. (a joke in the religious field is that demons like attention) But anyways we need to know if the person who started the thread wants to just know more about demons or actually wants to find them for a certain cause. This is only due to the fact that if you just want to know more about them then you shouldn't tamper with them (like i said).

A recent theory of mine is for people to try to forget that demons exsist and demons will fade. Not really to forget that they exsist but to not acknoledge their presence for the strive of attention. But i don't recommend ammatures to do this because we haven't tested it out yet.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

syress
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
demons don't always kill and there are many ways to track demons down without getting involved with religions and only some of these deal with demon rituals. I would just like to make it clear on here that not all cults deal with demons. I have been looking closely at new religious movements and the accusations that people put onto these religions and have figured out that it is very rare if they deal with demons at all. Technically demons can manifest through many practices not just the occultic sort. If we really look at it demons like to come out at the mainstream religions more so than through the smaller groups. (a joke in the religious field is that demons like attention) But anyways we need to know if the person who started the thread wants to just know more about demons or actually wants to find them for a certain cause. This is only due to the fact that if you just want to know more about them then you shouldn't tamper with them (like i said).

A recent theory of mine is for people to try to forget that demons exsist and demons will fade. Not really to forget that they exsist but to not acknoledge their presence for the strive of attention. But i don't recommend ammatures to do this because we haven't tested it out yet.

I understand what you mean when you say its best not to tamper with them, and i can assure you i understand the risks and hazards very well from the theoretical side off demonology, e.g whats written i know my fair share.
The reason i want to know how to track demons is to learn how to find them and hunt then and in turn understand them. I wish to rid there influence from our world and wish to understand why they do what they do, find out are all off them evil or where do they come from.

@Regina Terra
I have tried to look around my local area for people who have interest in this field but no luck at all, so that is why i am looking for information on how to track so i can start myself without having to rely on people.

syress
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »
bump:
From the posts i have read here, it seams quite a few people have first hand experiences with hunting and encountering demons.
How did you tack and find them down?

sabman31

• Young Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
If you read the first post in to hunt a demon LE gives some interesting perspectives on demons, tracking, and hunting them.

syress
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
If you read the first post in to hunt a demon LE gives some interesting perspectives on demons, tracking, and hunting them.

are you referring to http://www.monstrous.com/forum/index.php?topic=6248.0? if so i have read it a few times over and while its very interesting its not exactly practicle
From the posts people have made in this forums they sound like they have had first had and numerous experiences with demons, yet no one mentions how they started or how they track demons let alone how they identify what demon they are and give no specifications on how they combat them (apart from exorcism ritual which from past experiences requires more then one preist and a number of helpers who have been properly blessed)

The posts in http://www.monstrous.com/forum/index.php/topic,5736.0.html have some of the people i am talking about.
Tybalt cough my eye with responses such as "
Long story short, he turned on me, has the item and got his ass whipped by the demon. He now suffers severe wounds now that he tries to still hunt while he isn't bonded (After he turned on me I wasn't going to let him keep that power!). His current girlfriend begs him to stop, but he doesn't, because of this demon who frequently goes inside him he is losing his humanity and emotions and goes out of his way to kill small animals, or use to.

This story does not end with the true demon dead. It ends with me making a contract with the demon to leave my territory for the summer in exchange for a little bit that is mine. I am not sure what I am going to do about him, I am still thinking, I got a few more months."

there are many more i can point out, but generally people in that post talk like they had some kind of experience.
I am not a skeptic of a critic or anything but its hard to hunt something without knowing where to start let alone what to look for and this kind of things don't all on to your lap every second day of the week, so the question still stands how did you all track down what you hunt?

LetterEphesus
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »
I have a comment...

You say my thread is not very practical, but judging by the rest of that post as well as others, it seems to me as if you've never had a demon expirience; so pardon me, but let's leave the decision of what is practical to people who know what they're doing.

I also what to say that I do state how I track demons in my thread; if you don't understand what I wrote that is a different story. Granted, I may not have "specifications" on how to combat one, but I did say that I strongly suggest avoiding that kind of situation, I hope we all know why. And mind you, I do list a technique or two.

And no, I did not really mention anything of my own expiriences, but that is only because that is not my goal here. The thread is titled "To Hunt a Demon", and I intend to keep the thread material in that general area. The last thing I'd want to hear when reading a thread like that is someone's life story. If you must know now, yes, I have had expiriences, but that thread is not the place to put them...and neither is any other active thread.

Where to start looking? Somewhere. Like you yourself said, it isn't everyday you come across something like this; but then again, its not like there is any specific area where you will. You need to spend loads of time and research into a wide range areas, and...well...hope for the best. And for your information, as well as everyone else's, if you do happen to ever come across a true demon of high rank, chances are you're in for a roller coaster of pain. They will target you and harass you; no turning back. So for the most part, that's how my hunts go. It's not like jumping into a godforsaken woodland with a shotgun and follow footprints to the big bad beast...

Q: How do/did I track what I hunt(ed)?

A: Like I said in my thread and this one: Following a pattern of abnormalities that seem to be linked to the demonic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:40:06 AM by LetterEphesus »

sabman31

• Young Beast
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
@LE,
you said once that the demons prime goal is to get the possessed to commit suicide, I wander if comparing suicide rates in different areas would be a practical way to begin searching for demonic activity?

Unholy Saint

• Watchers
  • Young Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »
Im sorry but I cant help you here... Leave the hunting to the pro's. To many people get hurt...  :gun:
8-4-2009

blow_fly

• Realized Monster
  • An extremely curious person
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 06:17:45 AM »
I wander if comparing suicide rates in different areas would be a practical way to begin searching for demonic activity?

How would you begin to seperate more mudane suicides from ones that may actually have been caused by demonic beings? Some states will usually have a higher suicide rate than others due to perfectly normal reasons. Unless you were willing to investigate the root cause behind each and every suicide , chances are that you'd be chasing an empty lead.
''Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!''

-The Joker to Batman, The Dark Knight