Author Topic: Demon Rings  (Read 11226 times)

adamn
Demon Rings
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
Hello.
I was recently browsing e-Bay and discovered something that I believe is fake.
Some people are selling rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc, that are supposed to contain the soul (or whatever) of a demon. The trapped demon helps you with your money troubles, your love life and they claim to offer many more powers and abilities.
Some also claim that they have trapped djinn, dragons and vampires in these rings too.
Are these real? Do they work? Or are people just being conned out of quite a bit of money.

ArroganceNLust

• Witches
  • Young Beast
  • We are all more or less mad at one point.
Re: Demon Rings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:27:31 AM »
Good question- One that I dont know, just cause I haven't ever heard of it.  I wouldn't know for sure. 
I do know that there are plenty of ways of trapping a demon... Through a shard of broken glass- in a Triangle or Circle depending on the spirit.  Even in a idol or statue.  So I'm sure the idea could be real. But the real question is wether you think the seller knows enough to be able to trap a spirit of that power in the object. 
I don't make sense - I got my pride
Don't need no meaning
I feel no shame - I will not believe
I got no choice - I'm out of control
And I love it

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:37:26 PM »
Hello.
I was recently browsing e-Bay and discovered something that I believe is fake.
Some people are selling rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc, that are supposed to contain the soul (or whatever) of a demon. The trapped demon helps you with your money troubles, your love life and they claim to offer many more powers and abilities.
Some also claim that they have trapped djinn, dragons and vampires in these rings too.
Are these real? Do they work? Or are people just being conned out of quite a bit of money.

Selling on EBay?  I'm sorry, but only the foolish would buy something like this, and not because it has a "Demon Spirit".  It is obviously a fake, for fools to pretend that they are dark and mysterious.  Let me ask you this.  Why would someone who has the knowledge and skill to trap such an entity simply sell it to the highest bidder?  Would they not offer it to someone of more consequence, to someone who could further the persons own ambitions?  With Ebay it could easily land in some foolish emo's possession, which while easily controlled would ultimately be a useless exercise in power.  No my friend, don't fall for such an obvious ploy.  Besides, if it really were to have a trapped demon, and god forbid the holding seal somehow is broken, what will you do with a pissed off demon that was forced into imprisonment and is now in your possession?
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

adamn
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
I was never going to buy one.
I just wanted to know if such a thing was real.

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:39:48 PM »
Setting aside the issue of the items on Ebay which are most certainly fakes. The idea of trapping a demon/spirit inside an item is found in many mythologies. The most well known, & the one that sounds like what the ebay sellers are going for, is the Djinn or genie in a bottle/lamp/gem. So, yes it is possible to trap a spirit in an inanimate object.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
Setting aside the issue of the items on Ebay which are most certainly fakes. The idea of trapping a demon/spirit inside an item is found in many mythologies. The most well known, & the one that sounds like what the ebay sellers are going for, is the Djinn or genie in a bottle/lamp/gem. So, yes it is possible to trap a spirit in an inanimate object.

Possible yes, smart and safe?  No.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32:35 PM »
Very true, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »
Maybe it is real and they are selling it because they're bored and want to cause some mischief. lol
-The shadows connect us all-

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Maybe it is real and they are selling it because they're bored and want to cause some mischief. lol

Then pick a Senator or Governor and send it anonymously, as a gift.  Worse case, they give it to someone in the household, however, the effect would cause some true mischief. 

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
I have two sets of demon rings, there are five rings on each set and when I put them on, someone always has hell to pay.

they are made of brass, just incase someone didnt get it.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
they are made of brass, just incase someone didnt get it.

Thats a first step, as opposed the crappy jewlery they sell at places like Spencers.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
oops 4 instead of 5, "brass knucks" , just kidding anyway

on a more serious note, I guess it would be posable for a demon to be traped in jewlery, a dimond or crystal of some sort, but I doubt if there has been anyone alive capable of traping one in the last thousand years or so.

but I guess it would be posable for a demon to link itself with an object, if it waunted to do so.
but why the hell would anyone waunt to own something that would only bring them trouble?

you cant control a demon,
It can control us, but we cant control it.

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »
I have seen these myself. The only thing that has possibly been done to this jewelery is one of the millions of rituals that can be found in one of the millions of variations of pagan/wican/magi/christian/jewish (almost any you could think of) religions or whatever belief system there using. If you believe in that then yes there is a trapped spirit in it. Since the word demon can be translated to mean a million different things it could be anything from a spirit to an angel to a demon to nothing thats in the jewel. If your particular belief or just theories says that demons can be trapped then there could be. I bought a friend a ring off ebay that had apparantly been blessed to provide the wearer with more patience. I must say it worked. Could be coincidence, could be magic, thats up for me and my friend to determine, no one else. Just dont expect to buy one and actualy see a cloven hoofed, pointy horned, fallen angel inside it. Im afraid it doesnt work like that.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Alexander Pope.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 03:48:33 AM »
I have seen these myself. The only thing that has possibly been done to this jewelery is one of the millions of rituals that can be found in one of the millions of variations of pagan/wican/magi/christian/jewish (almost any you could think of) religions or whatever belief system there using. If you believe in that then yes there is a trapped spirit in it. Since the word demon can be translated to mean a million different things it could be anything from a spirit to an angel to a demon to nothing thats in the jewel. If your particular belief or just theories says that demons can be trapped then there could be. I bought a friend a ring off ebay that had apparantly been blessed to provide the wearer with more patience. I must say it worked. Could be coincidence, could be magic, thats up for me and my friend to determine, no one else. Just dont expect to buy one and actualy see a cloven hoofed, pointy horned, fallen angel inside it. Im afraid it doesnt work like that.

All of this is TRUE.  I new there was a reason I liked you Angelus.

Levinthross

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:53:06 AM »
does a imp poseesed pinky-toe ring count :-D
the wind that chills the night, the fire's golden light
the oceans call to you, the earthen fated tune,
I am the ivy binding tight i hold the spells all through the night, i am
nightshade's fated swoon of deaths kiss and witches broom