Author Topic: the gates of the underworld or hell open?  (Read 7203 times)

gothcowboy

• Monstrous Imp
  • "do or not do there is no try"-some movie
the gates of the underworld or hell open?
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
there seems to be this belive that on all hallows eve ( all saints day to christians) for a few hours at least the spirets of the dead can come to our world as well as demon. is this just a bunch of balony or is there somthing to it?

Walshy

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
Re: the gates of the underworld or hell open?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:35 AM »
I really have no opinion on the matter, but I did a little research on it.
Most Christians have nothing negative to say about All Saints day, or Halloween as it's more commonly known. They think that it is, as you say "a load of baloney", whereas some think it is an evil tradition, as it originates from the Pagan Festival of the Dead. However the Celt people who started the tradition believed it was a holy time in the calendar.
Jehovah Witnesses believe that Pagan traditions shouldn't be celebrated by true Christians.
I know this doesn't determine whether it's baloney or not, but it's just a little background knowledge  :-)
Aspiring author. My ideas all involve creatures of the night etc. If you could send me any information on these creatures, I would much appreciate it.

Tronth

• Young Beast
  • Ask and the answer will be found
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:51:13 AM »
it is said by an ancient race of Indians that all saints day or halloween is the day of the walking dead. spirits go to the homes of their living relatives where they will eat the energy of the food placed on the doorstep. is it crap is it real non of the living can say. in all actuality it is up to you to decide
A stormy night I found my true self. I was taught of my lineage. I am one of the last of the nine druids of Solomon. Responsibility lays heavy on my shoulders.

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:12:11 AM »
I do believe in this story actually. Halloween used to be a holy Holiday, then it got transformed into the demon/monster party we have now. People now days dress up as monsters and other supernatural things. This is an excellent time for spirits to come to town. Since everyone is dressed up odd I think spirits would blend right in. (assuming people see them)

I think that dressing up as these supernatural entities seems to attract them. Perhaps this flatters them or maybe insults them. But such a mass number of people are doing this that it seems to have an effect.

I will put this holiday in my perspective and I think people will understand how it may attract spirits and open up the gate to the underworld.

Picture that this is a ritual. On Halloween the 31st of October every year young children go out side. They do this at about 6:00 p.m. and it extends to about 8:00 p.m. These kids for this ritual will dress up as supernatural entities and go door to door. They will request the people who answer the door to give them "trick or treat" The person who answers the door can choose either to give to the children.

Now many children are doing this in mass, every year. It seems as though this could provoke something. I will ask someone to continue on what I said.
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »
  A good perception of the night, but I prefer to make others work for their answers.  Cowboy, you can find the beginnings of your answers here and through a little attentive research I am sure you will be able to give us your insight on this oh so holy of days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain

Edit: had to actually add the link.......DOH!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:37:12 PM by Muerte »
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Halloween started off as two things: 1. a remeberance of the dead day, most people believed in ancestrial veneration 2. It was the one day of the year that the dead could come back to visit to be honored by their decendents. All saints day was placed the day after Halloween to make it possible to get people to stop 'worshipping' the dead because it is a sin to 'talk to ghosts' according to some of the laws in the Bible. But it is alright for the people to worship the Saints who have passed on.

But this was much later, Halloween started off as a harvest festivle where the people believed that they had to harvest the crops before a certain time in November or this nasty little entity called the Pooka would come and destroy the fields (disease the fields, make them uneatable). The pooka also was given a portion of the crop so that it would ensure the food to last through storage in the winter. Due to the mass quantities of food the people would have and the harvest celebration it would only make sense to honor the ancestors for their past hard work and labor.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 06:16:04 PM »
haha halloween has always been my favourite holiday because its the only day of the year that you can contact your dead family members and they can get back to peace.
not to mention scaring little kids when they come to my house
'Every man has his price'
- Sir Robert Walpole
'There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.'
- Salvador Dali

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
haha halloween has always been my favourite holiday because its the only day of the year that you can contact your dead family members and they can get back to peace.
not to mention scaring little kids when they come to my house

Scaring children is easy, try scaring adults.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:25:40 AM »
I can always get my mate to jump on my shoulders put on a trench coat and follow a young lady around town at 11 o'clock at night :-D
'Every man has his price'
- Sir Robert Walpole
'There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.'
- Salvador Dali

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
XD XD i LOVE halloween, i've always loved it because all the whores are tryin to be all ditsy to impress their boyfriends at haunted houses by being insanely loud and easy to scare XD XD

i find halloween the most humorous holiday for myself XD XD hehe and plus the candy X) i love candy : )

XD anyways i already scare the hell out of people just by my presence strangely because i give off an "evil vibe" which im ALWAYS told by everyone XD XD
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

jordyn

• Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
http://www.allaboutpopularissues.org/origin-of-halloween.htm

everything considered western religion is derived from rome's dominance.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
http://www.allaboutpopularissues.org/origin-of-halloween.htm

everything considered western religion is derived from rome's dominance.

Unfortionate but true.

Romise

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:59 AM »
Where I grew up there were a lot of Satanists so there were a lot of cat sacrifices on Halloween. I don't know anywhere else, but stores wouldn't sell black cats around Halloween. I'm sure on top of that they're casting all kinds of others spells and what not. I personally never cared for candy so Halloween was never my thing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:19:03 AM by Romise »
So when hell is at the gates, who will stand and meet the waves
and take the fight to their graves to end the dark campaign?
Its the reason we have come to the forefront of this war!
-Oh, Sleeper!

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
awe : *( i knew of course black cats were killed/tortured but makes me sad to be told 'bout that because i LOVE black cats
 :-o  :?  wow, eh not not many candy people XD except for mogar and i XD
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
Where I grew up there were a lot of Satanists so there were a lot of cat sacrifices on Halloween. I don't know anywhere else, but stores wouldn't sell black cats around Halloween. I'm sure on top of that they're casting all kinds of others spells and what not. I personally never cared for candy so Halloween was never my thing.

The ones who do/participate in these clandestine actions are nothing ore than wanna bes'.  Sacrificing things on Halloween really has no significance and black cats?  Really?  I have no doubts that they wouldn't know what a true spell component is.  If they could tell me how to obtain some corpse water or how to bequeath coffin nails with true worth I would e amazed.  They are nothing more than fools acting out to impress other idiots and to piss off what they see as the oppressive adult authority figure.