Author Topic: the gates of the underworld or hell open?  (Read 7202 times)

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
Re: the gates of the underworld or hell open?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 04:33:08 AM »
Where I grew up there were a lot of Satanists so there were a lot of cat sacrifices on Halloween. I don't know anywhere else, but stores wouldn't sell black cats around Halloween. I'm sure on top of that they're casting all kinds of others spells and what not. I personally never cared for candy so Halloween was never my thing.

people are such idiots and yes they are wannabees. Satanists don't really sacrifice things... And why a cat that is just bad luck to kill one to begin with. If someone did that in my area I would call the police for animal cruelty.

But speaking of black cats, for my IS topic I was reading some myths and legends about lilith from medieval judaism and it was talking about how lilith or her followers could turn into black cats, which is very interesting. The book is called "Reimagining the Bible" by Howard Schwartz. Very very interesting and a lot of stories I have grown up with I found out where they came from. It is interesting how Jewish stories got intertwined in the dark ages with local cultures and how they affected local populations as well (considering most stayed in their own small communities called ghettos).
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »
ah makes very sense and i've heard many times that sacrificing a black cat doesn't really do anything
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

AEUBERTI
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
Hallowen, Xmas, etc all stem from the tales our ancestors who huddled in ther huts and caves because they couldn't figure out while the sun died every day.  Everything else is just embelishment.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »
ah well makes sense XD well not x-mas tho XD

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
  • Go forward, never look back!
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 03:34:09 AM »
the way I see it, there aren't gates to hell...
let's go over my believes of the universe and such.
There is more than one universe (I'm not talking about clusters like the milky way we live in, but everything together)
for the lack of a better term let's call them realms.
let us visualize a realm throug an orb: (  )
each realm can be considered as ether or air to the other realm, why is this, because they aren't really there and yet they are.
realms can envelop upon eachother, meld, just like star clusters and galaxies can meld to (believe me, it happens).

so the different gods and such over time could be explained throughout different realms being melded and by such certain other beings gain access to our realm.

(( )) like this, but it can happen in a 3D radius. sometimes these creatures can really enter our realm but sometimes only certain people can see them because both realms are just passing through imagelike not static.

don't know what the others think of this theory, but I envelloped it because of science having proof that certain galaxies have melded, or star clusters, etc, some even pass through eachother without damaging eachother. so why not with different realms.

if, by any chance there are "gates" to other realms they would have to be gates covering up wormholes in space. not sure they exist though.
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »
ah ok and how long ago was that proven ? -> to LeXtruX

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
It sounds like Lex is referring to both the Multiverse theory and String Theory, as well as Branes and other such high level physics and quantum physical ideas.

http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Projects/moderncosmo/Sean%27s%20mutliverse.html

http://www.superstringtheory.com/

Note however, that for Lex to be right then not only would these other beings and creatures have to be able to travel at will from one universe to another, they would have to be able to do so without any protective equipment, and keep their equipment from unduly interfering with and/or destroying the environment and people of the places they visit. This is highly unlikely given the energies involved; not to mention possessing insane levels of technology and natural abilities that would have to not only work in thier home universe, but in ours as well, where the physical constants may be different.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
wow very interesting and a toughie X)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 01:51:12 AM »
Lol, this is the easy stuff. It gets harder.

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
ah ok and how long ago was that proven ? -> to LeXtruX
saw a documentary about it some months ago. about galaxies having melded into eachother and that there is one on its way here, though it will take a long time (forgot the number along with the time) before it will happen, we will never live to see it^^

moloch, I know this too, that's why I think they appear as shadowforms and ghosts and such, they are here, yet they are not.
sometimes they can communicate with us and visa versa. we just see them and they see us because they are not fysically here and we are not there in body either.
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
Also, on the topic of galaxies 'melding' together. This is incorrect. It's called a galactic merger, and it does not leave the constituent galaxies unharmed.

A little light reading: http://deep-space-astronomy.suite101.com/article.cfm/when_galaxies_collide

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »
Also, on the topic of galaxies 'melding' together. This is incorrect. It's called a galactic merger, and it does not leave the constituent galaxies unharmed.

A little light reading: http://deep-space-astronomy.suite101.com/article.cfm/when_galaxies_collide
The documentary I saw said there is a chance they just meld together without anything being harmed, they are unsure of what could happen, I haven't read the article yet that you posted, I surely will, I'm just stating what I saw in the documentary ^^

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
so future galactic merges will occur yet many universes have already been united ? which would explain why its possible to enter different realms ?
or both are correct ? X)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
Lex - Those documentaries are about complex topics and as such are dumbed down for the armchair enthusiast. If you want to truly understand a thing, you must do the work yourself.

CM - To oversimplify a simple topic: "Everything and everyone has happened, existed, and been right, and been wrong. All things possible can and do occur at every instant - down to slices of time beyond man's ability to measure." For example, we live in this universe. Yet in nearly the same space, we have a whole other universe. The sole difference between the two is the position of an electron under observation; the difference being no greater than the width or breadth of a strand of quantum string. Yet these two vastly different observations are enough to cause the universe to split into two separate universes. In essence, what we see at every instant creates a new universe.

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »
Well actually Moloch my view is sort of like yours but mine differs a little. Every choice we make creates a new universe(s). Those universes are based on the results of the other choices we did not make. This goes for every person and they are infinitely growing in number all the time.

Now time is an illusion (I posted a topic explaining why I thought so). The past, present and future are all happening at once. However they are not divided into different universes, with time they are all in the same universe.
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.