Poll

If you knew the means to summon an angel, would you try it?

yes, in a heartbeat
no, i wouldnt try
if i was desperate

Author Topic: Angels  (Read 7303 times)

Brendon87

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
Angels
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »
If you knew the means to summon an angel, would you try it?
i want to belive....yes, i know its a rip off lol

SKGS
  • Fearless Warrior
Re: Angels
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »
Angels are furious warriors.  Only if there where no other way I would summon them.

When you read about them, they are kinda scary.
Knowledge is power.

King_of_RED

• Monstrous Imp
  • I sit upon my throne of broken corpses
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:31:36 AM »
Well depends
Summon an angel to help me against some unnatural force? Yes
Summon one to shoot the s**t or ask questions? Probably

So what are angels exactly are they benevolent spirits as opposed to spiteful spirits like demons? Or maybe neutral? Or are they just like what the bible says they are?
She wants blood and death....and I'm tempted to give it to her

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
  Probably not, I don't believe I will ever need their assistance.  Besides, I find them to be a little too stuffy for my taste, maybe it's because I have spent so much time in the Dark.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:12 PM »
Haha Angels furious Warriors in the bible (as much as i could stand to read) angels were gods protectors and unfortunatly they where very tough warriors but i dont think a human or even nation could some one angel because there was only a few heres the list thanks to wikipedia

A

Adriel (Judeo-Christian)
Ambriel (Judeo-Christian)
Amesha Spenta (Zoroastrianism)
Anaelachiem (Angelology)
Arariel (Jewish mythology)
Arham (Islamic)
Ariel (Judeo-Christian)
Archangels (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
Azazel (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
Azrael (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
[edit]B

Barachiel (Christian)
Bene Elohim (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]C

Cassiel (Judeo-Christian)
Cherub/Cherubim (Judeo-Christian)
Camael (a.k.a. Kemuel) (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]D

Darda'il (Islamic)
Dominions (a.k.a. Kyriotetes) (Judeo-Christian)
Dumah (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]E

Eremiel (Judeo-Christian)
Ecanus
Ezekiel
[edit]F

[edit]G

Gabriel (Judeo-Christian-Islamic), also known in Arabic texts as Jibril (Christian, Islamic)
Gadreel (Hebrean-Judeo-Christian)
Gagiel, Angel of Fishermen (Judeo-Christian)
Grigori (a.k.a. Watchers) (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]H

Hadraniel (Judeo-Christian)
Haniel (Judeo-Christian)
Harut (Islamic)
Hesediel see also Zadkiel (Judeo-Christian)
Hamalat al-Arsh (Islamic)
[edit]I

Ireul (Judeo-Christian)
Israfel, also written Israfil (Islamic), often considered same as Judeo-Christian Raphael
Illyriel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]J

Jegudiel (Christian)
Jehoel (Judeo-Christian)
Jequn (Hebrean-Judeo-Christian)
Jerahmeel (Judeo-Christian)
Jophiel (Judeo-Christian)
Jundallah (Islamic)
[edit]K

Kasdeja (Hebrean-Judeo-Christian)
Kiraman Katibin (Islamic)
Kushiel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]L

Leliel (Judeo-Christian)
Lucifer (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]M

Malik (Islamic)
Marut (Islamic)
Metatron (Judeo-Christian)
Michael (Judeo-Christian), Mikhail, (Islamic)
Moroni (Mormonism)
Munkar (Islamic)
Mu’aqqibat (Islamic)
Muriel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]N

Nakir (Islamic)
Nephi (Mormonism)
Nuriel (Jewish mythology)
[edit]O

Ophan/Ophanim (Judeo-Christian) see also Thrones
Orifiel (Christian)
[edit]P

Pahaliah (Christian)
Penemua (Hebrean-Judeo-Christian)
Powers (Judeo-Christian)
Principalities (Judeo-Christian)
Puriel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]Q

Qaphsiel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]R

Raguel (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
Raphael, also known in Arabic texts as Israfel (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
Raqib (Islamic)
Raziel (Judeo-Christian)
Remiel (Judeo-Christian)
Ridwan (Islamic)
[edit]S

Sachiel (Judeo-Christian)
Samael (Judeo-Christian)
Sandalphon (Judeo-Christian)
Sariel (Judeo-Christian-Islamic)
Satan (Judeo-Christian) Shaitaan (Islamic)
Selaphiel (Christian)
Seraph/Seraphim (Judeo-Christian)
Seraphiel (Judeo-Christian)
Simiel (Christian)
Shamsiel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]T

Tennin (Japanese mythology)
Thrones (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]U

Uriel (Judeo-Christian)
Uzziel (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]V

Virtues (Judeo-Christian)
[edit]W

Wormwood (Christian)
[edit]Y

[edit]Z

Zabaniyah (Islamic)
Zachariel (Christian)
Zadkiel (Judeo-Christian)
Zeruel (Judeo-Christian)
Zephon (Jewish mythology)
Zophiel (Judeo-Christian)

And these are Angels which are equal with just as many Devils which cast out demons which we still see today but an angel is way stronger than a demon so id summon one in the most exetreme cases im saying worse than hollywood movies so im saying your getting messed around with Legion or Amon and dude your screwed before you know whats going on
'Every man has his price'
- Sir Robert Walpole
'There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.'
- Salvador Dali

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »
  A nice cut and paste job.  Next time however could you just do it like this. 

I chose a separate portion of Wikipedia so there would be more information available on angels, no need to reiterate someone else.  However you can see how it is much easier to look though this post.  Not saying the way you did it was wrong, but this is more efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel

In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
sorry haha i was showing that there isnt much compared to demons and its not much compared to all the claims around the world you agree because angels and demons are completely different i always thought angels ranked up near devils then demons because if a mere preist can expell something like a demon than that would be i guess an insult to the angel kind
- Sir Robert Walpole
'There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.'
- Salvador Dali

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
hmm I think you guys should read more about angels.... traditionally angels were messengers of God. Then they evolved into 'powers' of God, or the forces God controlled which also included warrior angels (because of being able to destroy cities). They never really 'protect' God as you are saying. Yes they gaurd the realms of heaven but God is much more powerful then they are so really doesn't need protection. Angels 'protect' God's will. Therefore they go out and enact his will upon man and other beings.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »
very true i think angels are intriguing because created by god like according to infomation (gotta love wikipedia) where created by god/goddess in a pure form by god like man and woman but the difference was that they SERVED GOD and after the envy of mankind and free will they rebelled and god cast them to hell where our fallen angels became known as the devils (everyone knows already) they set out spirits of dead men and woman to do their bidding therefore demons because they have a purpose (unlike ghosts) to be annoying,mischievous,deadly and make people on this forum sound like they have a mental disorder so the remaining angels (Christan ones refer to list) still serve god and they had massive holy war and still fighting apparently to this day.

but man I've had enough of christanolgy talk just remember that this kind of story has been in other religions

Buddha had the devil try to sway him from the life of good with temptation
just like Jesus but they both refused there are millions of other passages in other religions books that are almost the exact same so just try to keep your eyes open
- Sir Robert Walpole
- Salvador Dali

SKGS
  • Fearless Warrior
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »
hmm I think you guys should read more about angels.... traditionally angels were messengers of God. Then they evolved into 'powers' of God, or the forces God controlled which also included warrior angels (because of being able to destroy cities). They never really 'protect' God as you are saying. Yes they gaurd the realms of heaven but God is much more powerful then they are so really doesn't need protection. Angels 'protect' God's will. Therefore they go out and enact his will upon man and other beings.
I am with you on this. Have read lately from the Jewish Encyclopedia on their Angelology. Very long but interresting.
Knowledge is power.

Arcane Artifice

• Monstrous Imp
  • Through Science and Magick we shall find the key.
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »
 I find Angeology to be fascinating, and further more the concept of a "Guardian Angel" has been something that I firmly believe in. I would love to come into contact with Azrael, because if what his descriptions say are true, then he's the wisest of his kind as well as the oldest. The things I could learn from him would be amazing. So in the end I would summon an Angel if not just to talk to it and get to know it.

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »
guardian angels in my ideal are in my thought would be spirits who made it heaven/avalon/you name it who are close friends with you or your family because if a guardian angel is following you through your entire life old saying blood is thicker than water so with these i allways thought that my ancestors or passed on relitives where watching me not Uriel The Angel Of Healing aye?
- Sir Robert Walpole
- Salvador Dali

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »
Correction Raphael is the angel of healing. Uriel is the angel over the dominions also known as the angel of fire. This particular angel was used by God to show the wrath upon the earth. Uriel controls the forces of nature.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
i thought uriel was healing i had this card abut him and his powers which said healing and he was an archangel
- Sir Robert Walpole
- Salvador Dali

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:37:15 AM »
Uriel is an archangel, I know some traditions ask him for healing but that is not his main purpose. Raphael is the traditional angel for healing. Go read the Book of Tobit or Tobias (depending on what translation you read).