Poll

If you knew the means to summon an angel, would you try it?

yes, in a heartbeat
no, i wouldnt try
if i was desperate

Author Topic: Angels  (Read 7302 times)

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
Re: Angels
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
wait is ariel an archangel and what does he reside over
When the pin is pulled Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
depends on what tradition you are looking at but sometimes he is a fallen angel. look up the Dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen Angels by Gustav Davidson as a starting point. Happy Searching  :-D
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

RunningElk

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 12:19:47 AM »
Thanks For The Fun Fact Il Get To It When I Can Be Bothered (Dont Take Offence I Dont Like Doing Much :P)
'Every man has his price'
- Sir Robert Walpole
'There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.'
- Salvador Dali

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
Thanks For The Fun Fact Il Get To It When I Can Be Bothered (Dont Take Offence I Dont Like Doing Much :P)

Most people under the age of 18 often suffer this  malady, so we promise not to expect anything spectacular.

P.S.  Do you think you can Capitalize only the beginning of your sentences?  Your last post caused me to go cross eyed while trying to read it.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

P.S.  Do you think you can Capitalize only the beginning of your sentences?  Your last post caused me to go cross eyed while trying to read it.

I just thought it was an indication of being mentally handicapped.

Angels have historically had many jobs. From guardians to messengers. They are liken to God Himself, so being in their presence would most likely be too overwhelming to allow any bulls**tting sessions. However, if it were possible, I'd have so many questions. Call on them for protection? Not so much. I like to go straight to the top.  :wink:
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Brendon87

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »
This is an interesting topic, yet everybody has failed to mention the possible outcomes. If SOMEHOW, u managed to summond an angel, why would it help or even speak to you? Remember, Angels were created for the purpose of serving god, not man. They are gods angels. how would God himself react if it was would out that a human was using 1 of his angels for that persons own purposes? and, if u were strong enough to summon an angel, u should also be strong enough to deal with your own problems too, right?
i want to belive....yes, i know its a rip off lol

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
  You know upon some reflection I think I have come up with the perfect way to summon one of "Gods" little helpers.

It really is rather simple if you ask any practicing Christian.

I am amazed it hadn't occurred to me before this.

I am dumbfounded that someone else hasn't thought of it before me.

I was just so simple.

What is it?

On word.

Prayer!

You simple must get down on your knees and pray to god to send you some help, and if you pray hard enough, God will send you the help you need.

This obviously only works if you are a firm believer/praticioner of Christianity of course.  Oh, and I am sure it will take more than one prayer session, but eventually...........
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »
actually in the Jewish tradition, yes they served God, but he made them give up their free will and bow down to man. That is why we get demons in the first place (if you believe that story).

But some traditions say that demons came before angels, and that some creatures, like the Jinn, still have free will and can choose to be good or evil.

Other sources say that these rites were given to man before he became sinful so that he could protect himself from evil.

So yeah I guess it depends on where you lay in your beliefs.

I do believe that prayer is the most effective.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
 Angels were created to protect God's greatest creation.............. Man.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
We are gods greatest creation but we as a species have fallen so far from grace it is a marvel that god has not ended it yet again.
When the pin is pulled Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »
 To say "yet again" God would have ended to human race before. He obviously hasn't, since we're all still here.  :doh:
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

jordyn

• Realized Monster
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
We are gods greatest creation but we as a species have fallen so far from grace it is a marvel that god has not ended it yet again.

have you read what He used to call the Israelites?  *eeks*

He understands our flesh now and used to our weaknesses.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

jordyn

• Realized Monster
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
there need to be more thinkers like you! :D

the problem is people expect some amazing winged being of magnificence tossing around miracles, they don't think of that timely meeting with someone of the flesh who helps out when you really need it.  :)
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

jordyn

• Realized Monster
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »
actually in the Jewish tradition, yes they served God, but he made them give up their free will and bow down to man. That is why we get demons in the first place (if you believe that story).

But some traditions say that demons came before angels, and that some creatures, like the Jinn, still have free will and can choose to be good or evil.

Other sources say that these rites were given to man before he became sinful so that he could protect himself from evil.

So yeah I guess it depends on where you lay in your beliefs.

I do believe that prayer is the most effective.

the jinn though are of eastern ideal and subject to different rules, in my opinion. 

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:47 AM »
  You know we are all contemplating the summoning of angels and a thought hit me while I sit here and review all that has been said so far.  "God helps those who help themselves"  (Brownie points to those who point out the origin of this quote).  Do not you all think it possible that no matter how many ceremonies you try and attempt that Gods angels will simply ignore you unless you have sought to resolve your problem yourself first.  And I mean truly with all of your heart attempted to make do on your own.  We are, after all, Gods favored creation so we must posses the ability to overcome the adversity in our lives on our own.