Author Topic: what is a demon?  (Read 4374 times)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
Re: what is a demon?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »
A demon is a kind of defination on one people being a demon but the main meaning of it(based on what i thought) not a spirit but a people doing things against god an his rules like killing

So everything in the world is defined by your opinion? What a world we live in where the whimsy of a child defines reality for all.

bhambrice
  • Christians
  • Young Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »
Hopefully, someone's English or his typing is bad.  Keanz, people have the right to choose to                                                                                                                                                     obey God's rules or not, it's called Free-Will. God sees the acts of disobedience as sin. The angels that  chose to go against God and was changed to demons had the same free-will.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 03:43:28 AM »
If demons allegedly take over our thoughts how do we know which are our thoughts as opposed to the thoughts of some outside influence?

jordyn

• Realized Monster
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »
If demons allegedly take over our thoughts how do we know which are our thoughts as opposed to the thoughts of some outside influence?

know thyself, if it's not something normal to your nature, then it's generally not from your  nature.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »

know thyself, if it's not something normal to your nature, then it's generally not from your  nature.
Hmmm, and what if you already have two bickering Demons inside you? Do you just know something is up, when there is a fourth opinion...Well that's how I do it anyways.
-The shadows connect us all-

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:30 AM »
In that case, Id expect it would get crowded and the original two would complain.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
Or it might consume the first two and take their spot, or the other way around. You never know, it could be a never ending cycle of eating each other. O_o Not sure if that made any sense.....
"The reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

"For those who say I am evil; hear this, what you hold in such disdain is my humanity."

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
It did, though I think then the question would be who ate who.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 04:04:35 AM »
Why do I suddenly get the mental image of a bunch of contortionist demons doing yoga and eating each other...

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 04:17:46 AM »
Well according to Jordyns 'know thyself' definition this maybe be evidence of 'a demonic takeover' in your head.

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:31 AM »
Nah, I'm odd to begin with... or a demon in the flesh according to some.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
Maybe demonic evidence for you would be wanting to look at fluffy kittens and a desire to hug cheerleaders.
Peace, love, caring, compassion, and being a little bit unsure of yourself.

I know it freaked kreepy out when it happened to him.

To be honest i am not a great believer in unusual thoughts being a sign of demonic presence. I mean yes to some degree it is true but the problem for me is that if you start thinking about thoughts being of 'other' origin where do you stop? It is just a hairs breath away from believing that our natural state is complete internal silence and that ALL thought is of demonic origin. This concept is just as valid surely?

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
They do complain a lot, well that's all they are allowed to do. They usually complain about my thoughts,....."Stop thinking of cheerleaders Oni!!", yeah they get tortured.
I have unusual thoughts all the time, not a good way to determine demonic possession.

Haha, who ate who first...? I ate them first. Their mistake was trying to get me first.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:17 AM »
Oni you are living proof of my rapidly developing theory that all thoughts are of demonic origin.

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
Thanks OldBill...I think. I don't know if I  should be honored or offended, hmmm.  I wonder if I should imagine the purple teletubby raping them, with a cheerleader squad cheering the purple teletubby on in the background. Always do so love rattling their cages.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:25:57 PM by onishadowolf »