Author Topic: demon hunting  (Read 13921 times)

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
demon hunting
« on: July 02, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »
me and my colleague wish to take up demon hunting and would much appreciate any advise before we go to our deaths blindly
When the pin is pulled Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
Re: demon hunting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:48:11 AM »
well the first question I have is what do you know about demons? Two: Have you any experience with demons? Three: Why do you want to hunt demons?
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »
1st of all about demons i need to know what substances repel them if its posssible to destroy them with a physical weapon and i have had only one experience with a demon or entity that i took to be a demon and i want to hunt them because i feel an obligation to make it so the world can be rid of malevolent beings and will be able to sleep a little safer

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
any input would be appreciated

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
Have a look at the thread called 'open challenge'.

You can find it here in the demons and demonology section.

Try the challenge and you will see how fit you are for this calling.

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »
i lasted about 20 minutes in

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
is that good for a first time

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:03 PM »
Well how do you think you would do if you met a demon with your current abilities?

Ever heard the term 'cannon fodder'?

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
you guys are so supportive (sarcasm intended)

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
Can i kill a demon through a show of physical force of some kind?

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »
You do realize that you can't really 'hunt' demons, or even try to 'destroy' them. That is video game and RPG realm for that kind of hunting. Demons are much more dangerous than you think. The only repellant you really would have depends on what you believe.

So first step, is like Ladygriffin already said and STUDY!!!!

But, yeah for real if you do not have a stable mind or spirit than you are not going to get anywhere, so I would try to listen to oldbill a lil more.

Secondly, Hunting demons is not a game. You really shouldn't go out and hunt them because it is much eaiser to find them hunting us.

Thirdly, demons are not as common as mental disorders and superstition, so you have to beware of the people and places you come in contact with.

Lastly, your reasoning for huntint demons is not sound. What I mean is not having any knowledge about the creature you are dealing with and wanting to hunt it is just a bad idea because it could hurt you in many ways and not just on a physical level but a mental and spiritual level. If it does that your typical psychologist is just going to think that you are crazy. And you think that hunting demons to make the world a better place is the answer to all problems but the main problems lie within humans, not with the demons. Humans have free will and do a lot more hideous acts.

Not meaning to bash you or anything but I just don't take people seroiusly who say one day out of the blue "oh, mate lets go hunt demons to help save the world." When we should be worrying about what humans are doing to each other and how they are damaging the planet.... Yes demons help influence people to do bad things sometimes, but it is mainly humans wanting to do it now-a-days and not demons. They just sit back and relax, watching the show of human ignorance and the human race dismantaling morals so that the elites can benefit off of human suffering, while the rest of the world allows them to do this because of popularity, money, or power. Hell of a good movie aye? Well that is what is primarily going on.

And no you cannot kill an actual demon because they are spirits.... This is not the movie "Constantine".
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

AChunter95

• Monstrous Imp
  • Sic Semper Tyranus
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
i understand your trouble in taking me seriously and respect that i am fully prepared to study demons and my mind is set i also acknowledge that humans create our own problems but ive tried helping humans and everytime i fix one problem 3 more arise its almost counter productive i will try doing this and if it takes like Ladygriffin said 15 years then i should have plenty of time to perfect blanking my mind as suggested by oldbill

markus
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
me and my colleague wish to take up demon hunting and would much appreciate any advise before we go to our deaths blindly

Since you put it like that remember this quote "Be careful what you wish for"

OB quote 
Well how do you think you would do if you met a demon with your current abilities?

Ever heard the term 'cannon fodder'?
[/b]

Where I live, we call it BAIT

Also we do not advocate hunting and killing things, do you know how many new members we get posting this same question, over and over....too many

My advise , stay at home and watch "Supernatural" and / or play a video game

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:45:56 PM by markus »
What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?

We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One

Carden

• High Priest
    • The Devil Hunters
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
here's the ugly truth, sonny:

demon hunting is not glamourous. it's a calling that even i sometimes wish i didn't have. not only are you at risk, but everyone you care about is a potential weapon to be used against you. every encounter injures you in some way. ever had a cracked chakra? i assure you it isn't pleasant.
once you start, you get a nice invisible target painted on your back and they start hunting YOU. it shifts from a righteous quest to a fight for survival and sanity. anything that will hurt you, they will try.

my advice: if you need to be told how to start, you don't need to be doing it at all.

save yourself.

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »
I have a feeling that you were inspired from some media source to want to do this right?

Well if you do not know how to hunt demons then don't. There are those who do this and they are a separate group. They are taut how to do this and most of them are more chosen. They do their job because they have too (and they have too because no one else is or can).

The point is that you are not them and you are not likely to become one of them. It is a horrible burden they deal with, but is a great service.

So to be blunt: You will die, you will not win, you are not capable. If you really want to do this then learn how to defend before you start attacking. I would study up on demonology and many forms of magick as well. Study of on psionics, meditation, chackras, energy working, aura manipulation, mental exercises, physical training and others. Then you are to do these things everyday. You will constantly train harder and become stronger. But you will be exhausted beyond the ability to fight. Then after about 15 years of this you are ready to kill a weak demon. Now I do not think you have the dedication to do this every second of everyday. To give up tasty foods so that your body performs better. To give up friends and family so you have no distractions from your duty. To give up television, electronics, video games and women. So that you can serve your calling to hunt demons. After 15 years with none of these things then you can go at it. Enjoy it because this is hell, to do this for 15 years straight is hell. And where do demons live?

Now the chosen are better at this so they don't take as long. But that does not mean they don't do these things. You don't want to hunt demons it is not easy. As soon as you kill one many more will come after you. You can never drop your guard. I think this is a lot of hell to confront demons. (yes that was a joke)
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.