Monstrous Café > Idle

Umm... Hello? Anyone there? *Echoes*

<< < (2/4) > >>

Finrod852:
I've been starting to notice that too. I guess people are really busy.

grimweird:
Yeah I guess.

A shame really, maybe we joined the board in its twilight  :-( and people are losing interest and moving on with their lives.

Well, I sure hope things will pick up.

So where are you folks from? I'm from the exotic and mysterious far east  :wink:

Over here, the supernatural is still very much part of every day life, for good or ill...

Finrod852:
I'm from the incredibly hot city of Houston, Texas, where the supernatural basically lives underground.

grimweird:
Houston? Wow... Like in "Houston, we have a problem..." :) Sorry man, but I would've thought that there wouldn't be much supernatural goings on there. Do many people in the US believe in vampires, shape-shifters and demons? Over here many of us do, but it's sort of ingrained in our lives and culture so we've sort of learned to live with it more or less, we just take the necessary precautions and hope for the best.

For example the Chinese community here have just observed the "Hungry Ghost Festival" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Ghost_Festival Traditionally this is the time of year when a "gateway" is opened to the afterlife and spirits are allowed to roam free from sundown to sunrise to visit their families and relatives and basically "see how they're doing." Unfortunately, not all of the spirits released from the netherworld are benign. So folks tend to go out at night less and stay indoors when it gets dark. I would assume that this is similar to the Halloween tradition in the States?

Finrod852:
Yes and no. There are only few people here who believe. Most of the time it's only expressed through the Halloween tradition. Are you a supernatural being yourself?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version