Monstrous Café > Say It!

Bush (hijacked from subject "how old is everyone here?")

<< < (6/6)

Bloody Angel:

--- Quote from: LightWarrior on June 03, 2006, 09:38:34 AM ---So you say we should not have wnet to war with Iraq. It would have happened sooner or later. We helped put Bin Laden in control of Afghanistan. This war in Iraq is nothing like veitnam. For anyone to say they are anything alike is kinda insane in my opinion. The united states has been going to hell for a long time before bush became president, and to say it is all his fault shows you have no idea what you are talking about. I will agree that he is far from the best president but to blame one man when congress and the senate truely run this country.

--- End quote ---
My opinion from a different continent is that though the US helped Bin Laden (and I think they are still helping keeping his family wealthy)  it's true they should be spending less on foreign affairs and much more on home ones.
Also, if there were reasons (true ones) to start a war back in 1991, the Gulf War, there were not real ones to invade a country that did not want to be invaded or helped or saved. Who invested the US of the knight's role worldwide (or where oil is concerned, by the way, as no Communist threat may be used as an excuse anymore)?  And as for Vietnam, I was not born then, my opinion is based on books I've read, pretentious probably, and movies, though all I remember vividly is the scene out of Hair, you know, the soldier boarding on a plane, then an aerial view of the cemetery where fallen ones were buried.
You can't invade a country because its policy is different from yours or its leaders stopped doing what you ask of them. Did you look at Michael Moore's documentary about the post-11.09? Well, when the army advertised the need for cannon fodder (ok, that's the way I put it) they did it giving the message to poor states, cities, neighborhoods. Places where if you want ends to meet you got to make a hard choice. Then you find Moore before the Congress only to find out that only one of the elected (those who take decisions, as you put it) is overseas with the army.
I guess suggesting some Chomsky's is out of question, right? 
Let me stress out once again that's an opinion from another continent, another country, another  reality.

Devious Viper:
Thread now closed.

Thankyou to all who participated in the debate.

Can we move onto the next subject now..?

~ Viper ~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version