Author Topic: Pagan Living  (Read 15731 times)

Weirdelicious
Re: Pagan Living
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »
Gees! You guys are lucky, I only have dryed herbs!  :|

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 07:08:15 PM »
Gees! You guys are lucky, I only have dryed herbs!  :|

dry herbs are a lot less hassle.  ;)
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Weirdelicious
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »
Easyer to store and quicker to create teas and powders!

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
Easyer to store and quicker to create teas and powders!

:D

it was easier to buy sage, rather than waiting for it to grow, harvest it and then wait for it to dry.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Weirdelicious
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »
Indeed! (So it's "easier" instead of "easyer"? Oops! C'est à cause de mon français!)

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
Indeed! (So it's "easier" instead of "easyer"? Oops! C'est à cause de mon français!)

lady marmalade what?

Weirdelicious
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »
"C'est à cause de mon français" = "It's because of my french".

Morticia
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 08:01:17 PM »
Another easy way to store herbs is to freeze them.  I just read of this myself:

Chop the fresh herbs and put about two tablespoons in each section of an ice cube tray.  Fill the tray with water and freeze.  Pop out your herb ice cubes and freeze them in freezer bags.  

It would be like adding fresh herbs to a dish - just drop in the frozen cube in the winter.

~Morticia

Weirdelicious
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
Great idea! I have only read about keeping 'em fresh in the refrigerator, but freezing 'em...that I did not know.

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 08:05:29 PM »
that's a good idea!

i had a friend move and give me several dozen mini m&m tubes of herbs...i can hear my husband now inquirng why all the ice cubes have green stuff in them.  ;)

Necropolis

• Fearless Warrior
  • Kiss My Lightening Bolt
    • MySpace - Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 08:52:51 PM »
You can also do that with fruit and certian herbs for teas and cordials, its considered fancy. It looks cool enoguh, for holloween it fake bugs and things I hear (don't do hallpween over here, not yet anyway)
© Necropolis™ 2001-06, The authors, affiliates and their subsidiary companys however accept no responsability for any coherence in the above or any aforementioned or prior correspondance.

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2006, 09:06:15 PM »
i like halloween, i can loosen my skirts and dust off the broom.  :D

Morticia
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21:38 PM »
I prefer to use fresh herbs.  I think they're easier.  My herb bed is right outside the kitchen door.  In the winter, when I'm fixing a turkey and want sage, I just step out back and cut off a piece.  It doesn't die back too terribly much until January, so it's still usable for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Also:

I have a juicer and just juiced a pineapple, some strawberries and the last of my apples. 

We're leaving for three days tomorrow and I didn't want the fruit to go bad.

I'm going to freeze it in ice cube trays.  It's really good to drop a couple in a glass of cold tea.

~Morticia

Weirdelicious
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »
You can also do that with fruit and certian herbs for teas and cordials, its considered fancy. It looks cool enoguh, for holloween it fake bugs and things I hear (don't do hallpween over here, not yet anyway)

No halloween in N-Z?  :-o I can't go live there if there is no Halloween? On what occasion will I be able to scare people?  :cry:

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2006, 11:33:34 AM »
I prefer to use fresh herbs.  I think they're easier.  My herb bed is right outside the kitchen door.  In the winter, when I'm fixing a turkey and want sage, I just step out back and cut off a piece.  It doesn't die back too terribly much until January, so it's still usable for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Also:

I have a juicer and just juiced a pineapple, some strawberries and the last of my apples. 

We're leaving for three days tomorrow and I didn't want the fruit to go bad.

I'm going to freeze it in ice cube trays.  It's really good to drop a couple in a glass of cold tea.

~Morticia

*makes not to have tea with morticia*

i've got an ice shredder...i make slushies, all the time...my favorite are with a flavored coffee and hint of milk.