Monstrous Café > Say It!

the future of human interconnections *tech wise*

<< < (3/3)

Zak Roy Yoballa:

--- Quote from: The_Seeker on July 21, 2006, 11:08:37 AM ---Of course we have the right to use technology and of course it has provided many results that are nothing short of miracles.  However, there's a difference between using technology and absolutely depending on it for every little thing.

Take for example a few trinkets you may find in a "Seen on TV" stores or sometimes a Brookstone.  Like the robotic floor cleaner.  Push a button or two and it's off to work on your floors.  Or perhas the ab belt (which is rather shady).  Put it on and push a button and it's (supposedly) exercising for you.  It's items like these that are leading to a dangerously decadent future where people may forget the work and in so forget the value of the result.

I'm not preaching complete abstinence from technology, I'm just saying that there are some situations where you really shouldn't be using a machine.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps these are the first steps of becoming more cybernetic?  Maybe the next step is to augment our central nervous system to eliminate parkinsons disease by planting an electronic pulse controled by a microprocessor in our brain that detects when the tremors are starting.   I saw an external one on the Discovery channel.  After that its Borg time baby!  Don't get me wrong there are all kinds of personal privacy issues/Big Brother stuff with cybernetic implants, but I think it is coming none the less.   :spy:

I do agree with you that somethings we should simply do for our selves, thinking being the most important one.

The refrigerator/internet thing is a great idea however.  My 86 yr old neighbor would benefit greatly from this.  I think a lot of older folk who can't drive could use that kind of technology.

ZRY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version