Author Topic: absinthe  (Read 6114 times)

emptyvoid

• Black Monk
Re: absinthe
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »
Just a couple of shots of tequila and I'm good.  I don't want to hallucinate.  Bad dreams!!

Empty Void
For the life of a creature is in the blood, And I have given it to you........

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
It can be, but I think its an acquired taste, plus different people appreciate different flavours. I never really thought it tasted bitter, but then at the same time I don't like the taste of Guinness.

Licorice... close, but not quite the same. I'm trying to think of something else that has a strong aniseed flavour, and failing  :| Over here, we have (perhaps you'd call them suckers?) "aniseed balls"; its a stronger version of that taste.

there's a company that puts out old fashioned candy, and one of them is aniseed, i've never been big on black licorice...occasionally i'll get a nib or mix...but not often.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Morticia
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
Just a couple of shots of tequila and I'm good.  I don't want to hallucinate.  Bad dreams!!

Empty Void

Sounds good to me; how about a margarita or three?

~Morticia :crazy:

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 10:55:22 PM »

Empty Void

Sounds good to me; how about a margarita or three?

~Morticia :crazy:

it's a date!

that's about the only way i can deal with tequila.  *shudders*

i used to be able to stomach hard liquor, but now i've become a lightweight...a few copper camels and a white russian or two and i'm all sorts of, tipsy.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
    • http://www.nwowatcher.com
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »
white russian or two

:crazy:

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
white russian or two

:crazy:

would a black russian be any better?   :wink: