Monstrous Café > Say It!

Messin' with our minds...

(1/3) > >>

Weirdelicious:
I did not know where to post this. It's a little clip about an urban legend and subliminal messages. The first story gave me goosebumps... the others just made me laugh.

http://www.dumb.com/urbanlegends.html

The_Seeker:
Hey thanks for the link, I haven't found it in a while.

Frankly subliminal messaging is slightly over rated and hardly worth getting nervous over.  It only really works if you already wanted the desired affects. 

Take for example going to the movies.  The previews go by and now they're showing popcorn with butter like sunshine and so lite that it just bounces everywhere.  Next to the popcorn is a tall cup of ice cold soda, so refreshing and smooth, so very cold you even see the mist around it just falling with great satisfaction and the condensation slowly going down the cup as if it doesn't want to go down but up instead.  Up to the ice cold soda.  Are you thirsty?

Things like that would only work if you were already a little hungry or a little thirsty.

But yeah, the roller coaster is a bit spine tingling.

jordyn:
i've seen them before...it's interesting how much our senses can be influenced even without us knowing it...for example in the movie theatre they will either just pop popcorn before a movie starts and have vents designed to permeate the air so you smell the popcorn, wanting it, even if you're not hungry.  like i've had  alot of customers say.."it's just not a movie without the popcorn"

there's also the snippets between filmstrips that i was shown how easy it is to splice into a film, six feet of a film can be removed and it's not noticed...can you imagine what adding a few frames to a film would do?

it's sort of scary what can be done knowing a little psychology on how the human mind works, a friend was reading a book that was pointing out a lot of marketing techniques...like lemon lime sodas, if the can is more green you'll think it's more lime, if the can is yellow, you think lemon...but in reality it's the same mix in both cans.  

behold the power of the human mind and the even more powerful who know how to manipulate it.  

Weirdelicious:
Hummm...suddenly I feel like getting up and get myself a nice glass of Pepsi...with ice...  :wink:

Yeah I know, some of these messages work on me but some don't. I posted it especially for the story with the song... brrrrrrr!!

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Weirdelicious on August 07, 2006, 12:12:52 PM ---Hummm...suddenly I feel like getting up and get myself a nice glass of Pepsi...with ice...  :wink:

Yeah I know, some of these messages work on me but some don't. I posted it especially for the story with the song... brrrrrrr!!

--- End quote ---

there's hundreds of stories about techniques used to make movies scarier, items more desirable and people more...appeasing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version