Monstrous Café > Say It!

Why Do We Love Being Shocked and Disgusted?

<< < (2/2)

prezhorusin04:

--- Quote ---I don't think for a minute, after watch an anime movie about 11 yrs ago called "Legend of the Overfiend" that America has corned the market on exploiting humanity's lust for the disgusting.
--- End quote ---

I've seen a few of those as well.. Decent storyline once you get past the brutal demon rape scenes and big eyed anime women being torn in half by massive throbbing c*cks!! :roll:

Some of this is part of the notion of conquering fears. Aside from being excellent films, i think that's how my personal love of zombies came about. Those films used to scare the hell out of me when i was 10 or 11, so i kept watching them, and watching them, and watching them until you become somewhat immune to initial fright and the gore. It is a form of desensitization, but in some cases that can be a good thing..

Lest you scream like a baby girl everytime you see a spider coming down from the ceiling or a big bug crawling towards you..  :-o

It's facing fears, and seeing into the 'darker' aspects of human psychology. Those strange things that hide beneath the surface in nearly every community and small town. Sometimes it's just a healthy fascination or interest with the 'macabre' elements of life. Better than to totally ignore them.

Though, some people do go pretty overboard with their love for 'evil' and the grotesque. There must be a balance, both on an individual level and the social acceptance and understanding of said events..

Zak Roy Yoballa:
I will thank you kindly for NOT calling me a baby girl... I scream more like a twelve year old if you don't mind!   *<:)  JK

I am pleased to see I'm not the only one who has seen that...er..uh... movie...

ZRY

Ghostlyguy90:
Perhaps we have a side to us that loves that stuff? It may just show more in some people rather than others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version