Monstrous Café > Say It!

Aircraft hits New York building

(1/1)

elleagwire:
Its on the news today!  At first I was shocked , thought it was another trrorist attack...well, I was not exactly relieved to hear that it was not some terrorist fiasco...I was rather dismayed to hear what it was all about..

" Two people have died after the small aircraft they were flying in crashed into a high-rise apartment block in New York City's affluent Upper East Side.

The two killed were New York Yankees baseball pitcher Cory Lidle and his flying instructor, officials from the baseball club said.

The plane's impact caused a fireball, which set two floors of the 50-storey building on Manhattan island ablaze.

Despite initial fears of terrorism the crash has been ruled an accident.

The New York Fire Department said the aircraft struck the 20th floor of the building on East 72nd Street and York Avenue - identified as the Belaire, a prestigious residential tower.

Local resident Mark Schaffer told the BBC News website that he saw the moment the Cirrus SR20 hit from his building across the street.

"I looked up when I heard a low flying plane and saw it as it crashed," Mr Schaffer said. "The rear half of the plane broke off and fell to the ground in flames. Glass sprayed out everywhere and people were screaming."..."

:-(  Elle Mayson

defective product attorneys california
 term life insurance rates
 injury lawyers new york city

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version