Author Topic: The Threefold Law  (Read 9891 times)

fitsune

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Lipgloss is life...
Re: The Threefold Law
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »
That is uniquely enough a perfect example. This law has to do with living your life, not only magick or any other form of manipulating mana.
The hottest fires, the flames of hell, forge the strongest blades.

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »
A perfect example? Yeah, right :roll:
Raz, a video game has nothing to do with this topic in any way, shape, or form.

See, sure there are sometimes real life consequences to actions, but you don't need superstitious juju hocus-pocus gobbledygook to regulate that s**t. And really, the truth is that very rarely do people pay for irresponsible or "bad" actions. Anyone who says differently is a childish idealist trying to hide from the true savagery of life. The great thing is that most people who kill innocent people and rape babies and kick puppies and all that other s**t NEVER pay for it. Why should they? Morals are a human construct. The universe doesn't give a rip what we do. To think that there are any consequences outside of direct legal and interpersonal ones for human actions is putting the human race on some kind of ridiculous pedastal.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:57:00 AM by Mr. Kreepy »

fitsune

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Lipgloss is life...
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »
I see, do you realize why you feel that way? Because you are completely disconnected from the god-head. What others call Allah, Mother Nature, God and so forth.

There is no heaven or hell, there is simply what we create, in ourselves, and in our world. You are so disconnected that you can not see the rest of the world, only your own sphere of negative and self centered energy.

_That_ is the threefold law. You will never move on, you will never evolve with your future lives, you will eternally remain lost and alone wandering this realm, no mater how many lives you will be reincarnated in, you still remain mundane. Tormented for many lives by your ignorant, selfish, ever accumulating energies.

You are not worthy of even pity, for it is all the consequenecs of your own actions. It is a horror beyond my imagining, to be completely _alone_

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
Alone? Ignorant? Selfish? HA! Before making character assumptions like that how about you get to know me first?
For your information I live a very fulfilling life and I'm quite happy with it.

You also state that I'm disconnected from some sort of "Godhead". What makes YOU so all-knowing that YOUR belief applies to me? That's social solipsism dear, and its the hallmark of someone both limited AND insecure in their perception of reality.

fitsune

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Lipgloss is life...
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »
I know this because I have seen it a million times. Try going outside and simply sitting for up to fifteen minutes each day in an area with lots of plant life for seven days in a row. It can be in your back yard, a forest, or in a park.

By doing this you will slowly be reforming your connection with the energies of the rest of the world, who knows, you might even discover that you have strong mana and can manipulate the outer world.

blow_fly

• Realized Monster
  • An extremely curious person
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 02:07:23 AM »
You will never move on, you will never evolve with your future lives, you will eternally remain lost and alone wandering this realm, no mater how many lives you will be reincarnated in, you still remain mundane

What do you mean by the word ''mundane'' exactly, as it was employed in the specific context of the above quotation?   Thanks.
''Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!''

-The Joker to Batman, The Dark Knight

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
I know this because I have seen it a million times. Try going outside and simply sitting for up to fifteen minutes each day in an area with lots of plant life for seven days in a row. It can be in your back yard, a forest, or in a park.

By doing this you will slowly be reforming your connection with the energies of the rest of the world, who knows, you might even discover that you have strong mana and can manipulate the outer world.

You assume that I DON'T do this. For your information I spend quite a bit of time outside. Not as much in this weather, due to the snow and rain constantly.
I like to go to a local park and just sit down, sip some tea, and meditate for hours on end. It's calm there and helps me sort out my thoughts. Yet, despite plopping my ass amongst the vegetation I still don't have super nifty magical powers like you. What am I doing wrong? :roll:

What do you mean by the word ''mundane'' exactly, as it was employed in the specific context of the above quotation?   Thanks.

Are you seriously trying to make sense of anything she said? You'd have better luck talking with an acid freak burn-out. At least they would have an excuse for being totally stark slavering buggo.

blow_fly

• Realized Monster
  • An extremely curious person
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »
Are you seriously trying to make sense of anything she said? You'd have better luck talking with an acid freak burn-out. At least they would have an excuse for being totally stark slavering buggo.

I just thought that I'd try to unravel the fundamental meanings that might underlie the concepts and descriptions that she mentioned in her stinging condemnation of your refusal to acknowledge the existence of a higher authority that might hold you accountable for your cynicism. It wouldn't hurt me to take a stab at attempting to decipher and uncode the basic tenets of her belief system. Unfortunately ,the apparent reluctance that she has thus far demonstrated when it comes to answering the question that I put to her, is a rather discouraging sign for my efforts to delve deep into the core of the spiritual world view that appears to regulate important aspects of her existence. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 09:49:36 PM by blow_fly »
''Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!''

-The Joker to Batman, The Dark Knight

fitsune

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Lipgloss is life...
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »
I meant someone who is so disconnected with the mana, energy, all around them that they do not have even the slightest inkling of the outer world.

A mother who knows her child is stealing a cookie behind her back is more connected than Kreepy.

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »
Blind faith, baseless assumptions, general arrogance, etc.

Are you quite finished yet, my dear fitsune?

Daemonin

• Den Mother
  • Realized Monster
  • Lily <3
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
Let's get back to the topic of the Threefold Law.

Thanks!

Earthling

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • I wanna dance with you
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »
The Threefold Law doesnt apply to a non-wiccan.

SherlawkDragon

• Great Master
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
What you have to understand about the Threefold Law, is that it is NOT a Law in the crime and punishment sense, but in the Metaphysics sense, a scientific Law.  It exists, not only in Wicca, and not only in magic, but in the whole of the universe.  That the net of the positive and negative energy you send out, even through physical/nonmagical actions, will someday come back to haunt you approximately threefold.  Wicca includes it because Wicca is very developed and encompassing, Wicca is a path, a field, all in it's own.  Other magical studies may not talk about it, and may not deal with it, but they still have it, and there are kinds of magic specifically for dealing with it.
Kreepy > I would tell you to watch yourself: you're not invincible, and you aren't omnipotent.  If you aren't careful, one day, what you send out is going to come back, and you may be thinking "oh, the worst it can do is kill me", but it can do worse to you.  You don't want to underestimate the Threefold law, you want to learn to live with it.
and PS: The "and it harm none, do what thou wilt" thing though, that is a Wiccan religious rule, not a law.
"Even a dead fish can go with the flow" not to mention an UNdead one, but that's not the point... >!>;;
I am a Were-Raccoon/Dragon, that makes me feel sexy.

bridigid
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
What you have to understand about the Threefold Law, is that it is NOT a Law in the crime and punishment sense, but in the Metaphysics sense, a scientific Law.  It exists, not only in Wicca, and not only in magic, but in the whole of the universe.  That the net of the positive and negative energy you send out, even through physical/nonmagical actions, will someday come back to haunt you approximately threefold.  Wicca includes it because Wicca is very developed and encompassing, Wicca is a path, a field, all in it's own.  Other magical studies may not talk about it, and may not deal with it, but they still have it, and there are kinds of magic specifically for dealing with it.
Kreepy > I would tell you to watch yourself: you're not invincible, and you aren't omnipotent.  If you aren't careful, one day, what you send out is going to come back, and you may be thinking "oh, the worst it can do is kill me", but it can do worse to you.  You don't want to underestimate the Threefold law, you want to learn to live with it.
and PS: The "and it harm none, do what thou wilt" thing though, that is a Wiccan religious rule, not a law.

at the risk of being inflammatory, does the warning of watch yourself JUST apply to Kreep or the mass population of mankind?

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 10:49:48 AM »
What you have to understand about the Threefold Law, is that it is NOT a Law in the crime and punishment sense, but in the Metaphysics sense, a scientific Law.  It exists, not only in Wicca, and not only in magic, but in the whole of the universe. 

Alright, well...
I hate to be like this, but if you're going to make a statement like that, then I've got one thing to say to you...

PROVE IT.