Author Topic: The Threefold Law  (Read 9893 times)

Daemonin

• Den Mother
  • Realized Monster
  • Lily <3
Re: The Threefold Law
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 02:01:47 PM »
The only problem I see with the Law of Three is the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  The Law of Three does not explain this.  If someone would care to explain, it'd be nice.

fitsune

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Lipgloss is life...
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
What you have to understand about the Threefold Law, is that it is NOT a Law in the crime and punishment sense, but in the Metaphysics sense, a scientific Law.  It exists, not only in Wicca, and not only in magic, but in the whole of the universe. 

Alright, well...
I hate to be like this, but if you're going to make a statement like that, then I've got one thing to say to you...

PROVE IT.
Why? Why should we prove anything to anyone? If you don't like our beliefs, then go somewhere else.

Thank you SherlawkDragon, you summed up my thoughts nicely, I was having trouble expressing myself.
The hottest fires, the flames of hell, forge the strongest blades.

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
Why? Why should we prove anything to anyone? If you don't like our beliefs, then go somewhere else.

Oh no, you misunderstand me, dear Fitsune. Beliefs are perfectly hunky-dory. However, to state a personal belief is a
scientific Law.
is absolutely idiotic. There is no evidence whatsoever, even in non-scientific circles, that the Law of Three actually exists.

Thank you SherlawkDragon, you summed up my thoughts nicely, I was having trouble expressing myself.

That seems to be a recurring issue with you. Might I suggest refraining from speaking unless you have sorted your thoughts clearly beforehand?

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »
It would be interesting to look at this principle with the idea of me murdering and eating a human baby.
I mean according to the threefold law that would be pretty bad.

Would the same three fold law apply to a tiger that did the same thing?

What are the mechanics of this law?

I ask that to any one who feels they have an understanding of this principle.

7VII7

• High Priest
  • 'Cause if ya don't I'll eat ya!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Humans have departed from our natural station in life and in the process of obtaining the freedom which came with it we became subject to rules which those creatures that remained in their station in life are not bound by. . .
I have multiple personalities, one is a were-Sheepenguin, one is a fruit vampire, one likes to imagine cruel and unusal totures, that one's name is Bob the VI.

baa.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
ok what about cats and dogs?
In fact all animals that have left thier natural station.
Does it apply to them too?

Also at what point of evolution are you fixing the term natural station?
Slime, developing a backbone, crawling out of slime, new methods of reproduction, self reflection, language?

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »
Humans have departed from our natural station in life and in the process of obtaining the freedom which came with it we became subject to rules which those creatures that remained in their station in life are not bound by. . .

ok what about cats and dogs?
In fact all animals that have left thier natural station.
Does it apply to them too?

Also at what point of evolution are you fixing the term natural station?
Slime, developing a backbone, crawling out of slime, new methods of reproduction, self reflection, language?

I believe she means when we decided to build houses and monoxide churning vehicles. or maybe when we decided that hunting with stone spears was more efficient than getting mauled by an angry mammoth.......

Back to seven:

Hmm?  how do you suggest we were able to reach the point where we were able to "leave" our natural station? huh? Wasn't it because good ole' mother earth gave  our species so many kicks in the gonads that we turned out like this? Old lady gaia killed off (well we did, but thats more proof that karma/the three fold law does not operate like a mirror) homo erectus and the Neanderthals. why didn't we die? Cause homo sapiens bred like rabbits.

We did not come from knuckle dragging apes as generally believed. In fact, knuckle walking is far more efficient energy wise, in terms of travel.  We came form a species that walked around carrying crap(tools) in our hands.

Well....... earlier than most think anyway.

But back to my point. Nature designed us like this. aggressive, intelligent(yes i could argue with this, but that would be counter productive). and cunning.
the best designed predators we were not. but we were  very resourceful.

Speak about magic laws all you want, but the fact is. Karma was not and will not be kind to those who think being pacifistic bark chewing nature lovers, who believe that turing back into a monkey is a good idea!

We are what we are. how about instead of believing  that we as a society species are flawed when it comes to survival. and start getting their thinking caps on so we can solve the problems we're tackling today!
I for one accept that species die out. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying to prevent ours from being vulnerable to the feeces  the jolly green giant throws at us!

I don't think Any nature goddess  will be able to end global warming anyway. We need smarts, not prayers.

Note; i am sleep deprived, around 3 days worth. pleas point out the many holes in my logic, and or spelling and i will get around to fixing those eventually. (thius mmeans you KREepy.)

Now off to bed!!!!! :)zzz

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Mr. Kreepy
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »
Alright, alright. You're exempt from my horrible and petty habit of being a grammar nazi just this once, because, well...

That post was beautiful, Raz. Absolutely beautiful. Bravo!

7VII7

• High Priest
  • 'Cause if ya don't I'll eat ya!
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
sheesh, I was just answering the question, no need to go about biting my head off. . .
I have multiple personalities, one is a were-Sheepenguin, one is a fruit vampire, one likes to imagine cruel and unusal totures, that one's name is Bob the VI.

baa.

blow_fly

• Realized Monster
  • An extremely curious person
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:54 AM »
I think I'll just throw in my two cents into this rather contentious discussion at this juncture. 

7VII7 mentioned that the Threefol law only applies to species that have left their ''natural station'' behind as he termed it. However, Raziel in a rather erudite counter-post, noted quite accurately that in order for any species to reach a higher level of existence, it has to be utterly ruthless when it comes to eliminating the competition that poses a threat to its own future survival. Thus, if the Threefold law existed, it would effectively prevent any species from evolving into a more advanced state.

The way I see it, the Threefold law if it indeed does even exist to begin with, only applies to those who belief in its validity and have moreover, regretted some of their own actions as being harmful or immoral,  even if these actions in question, have been of immense benefit in the long run.  Since such a tendency to consider one's wellfare to be secondary to the wellbeing and success of others is clearly a self-destructive trend of thinking in the long run, these individuals might be sowing the seeds of their own destruction, be it a concious or unconcious act, out of some misplaced sense of guilt. This is probably the most likely manner in which the so-called Threefol law might manifest itself. Hence, the Threefold law is entirely the creation of one's  conscience. 
''Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!''

-The Joker to Batman, The Dark Knight

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
^

Why the hell didn't i post something that Intelligent? :doh:
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 02:43:15 AM »
^

Why the hell didn't i post something that Intelligent? :doh:

Here here!

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 05:19:25 AM »
Not here. Up there! :banplea:
-Kingdom Hearts

Nina
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »
Hahaha, oh Raz, man, where do ya get that funny thingies? *<:)

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
define a person's soul.

where does it come from, what gives us sentience?

the three fold law as wiccans dramatize it is hooey but i do believe in energy, manipulating it and when it's given form it can become, tangible.

as for why bad things happen to good people, who says they're good, they may seem to demonstrate society's epitome of goodness but who knows what lurks in their thoughts and heart?

as for why it affects some and not others, back to their life...like attracts like and i firmly believe that a non believer fails to generate what's necessary to manifest these experiences in their life...if they have no right or wrong as it's being discussed on a cosmic level, then why should the cosmic judgment affect them?

there's nothing to balance it with unless Abraham's Adonai is indeed the reality, then it's His business to judge not ours, my business is to have faith and listen to Him...so religion is irrelevant, could Osiris judge a non egyptian, do persians go to a greek hell? etc...

if your a bad person, bad things will be drawn around you, if your a good person denying your bad things those bad things are still drawn to the denied Id. (stigmata for a more christian comparison.) but if you're a good soul regardless of what's vexing you, then it can't be very vexing? 

life like faith is all about perception from one's "bubble" and their ability to shape and form it, energy charges  animation regardless of religious or spiritual belief...the brain itself generates energy(neurons firing) to sustain us...my question is where does that energy come from and why does our ability resonate at a higher function than Darwin's primate distant cousins?

until then it's subject to perception through a person's eyes based on their experiences, science has proven there's energy out there and it can be utilized, but no one knows where it comes from.

"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."