Monstrous Café > Say It!

Time/reality glitch

(1/4) > >>

KubeSix:
Let's see... Nope, nowhere better to put this it seems...

So yeah, I suppose some of the people here have heard about time or reality glitches. If you didn't know, it's when time and/or reality seems to alter or just fark up on you and somehow, you don't lose the memory of what it was before.

Now, I usually look at things from every angle and when I heard about two guys going kayaking on a lake during the day and suddenly wake up in the middle of the night in their tent, I thought there was probably an explanation to it. After all, there's no real way to prove even to yourself that time really skipped forward, especially when you describe it as your mind going all fuzzy and in the blink of an eye waking up somewhere else. (I use the term "waking up", but that's hardly the case. Read on for more explanations.)

Yesterday, though, I was riding the bus and was looking out the window. For some reason, a lady walking on the sidewalk caught my attention. (Note that she was walking in the opposite direction to the bus' course and the bus was in movement.) Soon after I redirected my attention to my surroundings, my senses and thoughts started fading into a 'fuzzy' state.

-CRITICAL ERROR: SYSTEM WILL NOW ATTEMPT TO ROLLBACK TO AN UNCORRUPTED MEMORY LOCATION- (or something sci-fi and all spiffy like that because Kube plays too much Assassin's Creed)

Suddenly, I'm looking out the window. For some reason, a lady walking on the sidewalk catches my attention. Wait... wth? I look out the window to check behind the bus and only see one woman walking there, the same one I've now crossed twice in a matter of seconds. She's still walking in the same direction and clearly her legs don't permit her to run faster than a moving bus on a boulevard.

It was nothing like falling asleep and waking up right after; it was just like blinking, for the lack of a better word.

So has something like this happened to you? Do you know of someone who's experienced time glitches? (I'm pretty sure if time glitches happen, reality glitches in general are also possible, but they seem to be less frequent. Do tell if you know of any.)

Raziel:
You sir are quite possibly the most observant person i know......

matthew321:
YES I know exactly what you mean! I have had many instances where I swear it was a repeat of what just happened. Such as a conversation and something is repeated but everyone else acts as though it was said only once. Or sometimes movements will be repeated.

You are not crazy and I think a time glitch idea may be plausible. They are usually subtle changes but if you pay attention you can notice them.

Raziel:
You my Lady of the feather and paw, have just been lucky enough to find one of those

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Wandering_Shop.

Yes. Pratchett is awesome and the world is like the disk in more ways than we know.

KubeSix:

--- Quote from: Raziel on April 16, 2010, 03:13:56 AM ---You sir are quite possibly the most observant person i know......

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I pride myself on that idea... :-P It's hard to not observe all the details when something like that happens, though...

---

Now I'd like to quote matthew's post because there was one thing that was especially interesting in what he said:

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:27 PM ---You are not crazy and I think a time glitch idea may be plausible. They are usually subtle changes but if you pay attention you can notice them.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:27 PM ---subtle changes

--- End quote ---

This brings up a lot of questions...
- What causes the glitch and the changes?
- More importantly, WHY are there glitches?
- If there are actually changes, are they a correction? Or a simple random modification?
- What are the changes based on? Who or what decides their occurrence?
- Can the changes be tracked somehow?
- Can the changes (and so the glitch) be caused voluntarily?
- Why do only some seemingly random people notice the glitch? Is it because it affects them? Or is it because they caused it? Or perhaps is it only an 'error' in the glitch?

-sigh- So many questions to be answered and so many possibilities...

Maybe is it related to the multiverse theory? That there is an infinity of universes, all portraying the infinity of possibilities in every possible situation? If so, I'd think the changes would be subtle or minor because the similar universes would be "closer" to one another and the bending of one to merge with another would then be a lot more feasible. Or is it really the two realities merging? Perhaps simply the consciousness moving from one instance to another. That would explain why the people around the person conscious of the glitch seem completely clueless as to its occurrence.

So many questions...

thoughts?

---

I'm finding the wandering shop you mentioned really interesting by the way, Ladygriffin. Another subject I'd like to explore hahah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version