Author Topic: Wicca and Christian?  (Read 3859 times)

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
Wicca and Christian?
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:39 AM »
Hi, just wanted your opinion uppon a christian person that performs Wicca? is it right? is it possible? Can both be compatible. Im a very open minded christian and i feel like the church is limitating me with its own rules, my faith its with my god not with its church...

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
  • Go forward, never look back!
    • LeXart.be
Re: Wicca and Christian?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:39 AM »
it is possible, I have seen it, but they mixed both believes.
Wicca is the believes in the former gods of nature, like the moongodess and the father of furtility... (I can be off a lot with this, so others, please correct ^^)
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:43 AM »
Interesting, but do those gods have their own entities and personality or are they just simbolism for a certain part of the nature?

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:08:03 AM »
Hmm, well, i cant say i am exactly a christian, becouse the church doesnt affects my decisions, my only church is the bible, what you can call the vatican is just a big ball of corruption,  anyways  :focus:
 I think i need to meditate a little about this, my intentions in witchcraft are pure, but i need to clear my mind and construct my arguments so that i dont offend my god in any way.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 06:25:55 AM »
there is.
 magic is indistinguishable from super advanced science.

THus the argument is that you should know what you are doing so that it becomes a science and not a superstitious system of causing phenomena to occur.

and your spells are merely experiments, despite what you use em for as the change in variables allow you to further refine your understanding of the system.

or you could go like....... FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »
Thank you for your advise, i realized that, no matter what i do, it wont alter my faith in my god, i am not oposing to him in anyway, in fact, i might acomplish more of his will with the skills i may obtain.

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:06 AM »
Why would you ever be concerned that they conflict? Believe whatever you want too. Tell anyone who does not like it to go to hell. Religion is yours not theirs and not god's.

Don't label yourself as being a Christian then think you have to follow the Christian guidelines and can't tap into other religions for fear of going to hell. Go ahead and practice whatever you want and believe what you want.

Spirituality is about growth, how many single religions can offer complete spiritual growth? The answer is none, you can't rely on one you pick out what applies to you from what you want.

Just believe what you want and if you find a religion that complies with you then great. But one that hits the mark on everything is unlikely.

Just to clarify I was using Christian as an example I did not call you a Christian or insult Christianity.
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:40 PM »
I usually label myself has a christian becouse it is the most "looked like" to my religion, i believe in the same god, however i have my own complexities and i difer a lot from the christian church. I was raised has a catholic but later on i developed my own set of believes from those believes that were taught to me, i also believe that we make our own sins, if i think something is wrong and i do it, i consider it a sin, and i feel ashamed, if i dont, its not a sin on my believe, but i really need to meditate and look inside me to find the "yes or no" answer.

Anyway, thank you all for your help, you really took some weight out of my shoulders :D

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »
Actually, sticking strictly to the facts of both religion's tenets; they do not mesh, and are in fact in opposition. To paraphrase, 'Suffer not a witch[wiccan/pagan] to live.' There is also: 'A man cannot serve two masters, for he shall always be in conflict.' This is referring to serving god and the Devil. Pagans and wiccans and witches were(and in some places still are) considered to be servants of the Devil.

This is in the Bible you use to guide you. I suggest that while you are meditating, you start researching your beliefs much more deeply. I believe you will be very surprised at what you find out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:45:13 AM by Moloch »

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
Well, I am not talking about two religions, I am talking about believing in G-D ( the christian god), And practise Witchcraft, i take the bible has a reliable source of information, And usually my place to seek out some answers, but it doesnt writes laws to me, Mainly becouse it was written by man. My faith is with my god, And that will not change, No matter what i do, I just cant see how using witchcraft to do good, and do his will will offend him.

I see this has an example: (Two friends are building a well, and they are digging, I want to help, will i offend my god if i use a shovel?)

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
Actually, according to the Bible you hold so dear - using witchcraft for any reason will and does offend him. This is because witchcraft allegedly subverts god's will, and as such is considered heresy. The two belief systems are completely opposed; even though christianity came later.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:09 AM »
Oh well, at this point i think its better i dont do anything at all,I will pray, And eventually some answer will come up to my mind, hopefully.

EDIT: When you mean subvert gods will, you mean like some kind of cheating? Like, witchcraft is there, but we are not supposed to use it?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:19:21 AM by Belking »

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:46:42 AM »
Well, seems i better leave witchcraft and magick alone  :-D

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »
Why not be both, just keep them separate?

Just have two personalities that do not cross over. Like separate areas on a hard drive.

They just have different file names, for instance 'Pope', and 'Merlin'.
Both would be authentic and true to their selves.

I find it amazing that this is the second time i have spoken about this to you, we were discussing struggling against the 'other side' of 'deja vu', remember?
Everyone else said they would join in too, to help keep the sides separate.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:20:34 AM by oldbill4823 »

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 05:13:05 AM »
Hmm, wish it was easier like that