Author Topic: Wicca and Christian?  (Read 3860 times)

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
Re: Wicca and Christian?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 05:22:20 AM »
Yes you did.

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:45 AM »
to be a christian you have to simply believe that Christ was God in the flesh that willingly died so that we may live fully as human, it has nothing to do with the church, men, or magic...but you're heart!

"have no other gods before me!"

lady and moloch are extremely right, even as a witch i had this issue.

God does have his magic users, the israelites, better known now as jews, they have a rather fascinating approach to it, rather than using lesser deities or calling on the the energies of the earth they call on the energy of God. i don't know much about it, most mysiticism is still way foggy between doing as God has planned for us and doing what i wish, using God as my excuse for me ex witch tastes....from the beginning the israelites and god had issues between his inluence and their pass paganism.

if you had unwavering faith in God you wouldn't be asking us these questions, you'd be asking Him, from his conception he was a jealous, possessive God that called people out of pagan nations to follow him, just one God who says He'll do it all for those who have faith in Him.

why go to other sources and try to force his hand?  God's on his time not ours..

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:09:27 AM by jordyn »
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:45 AM »
That is also true

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »
i think I can make this alot easier for you. The sections of the bible that are against witchcraft were added later. And back then witchcraft was just any other religion that wasn't based off the judeo christian, one god belief and acts of witchcraft were celebrating or praying or tributing your gods. Early christianity, before the churches started editing the religion and texts contained witchcraft. You can still find spells and such now based off early christian rights. They also belived in spirits and angels which were christianised versions of the pagan and wiccan gods and godesses. So yes it is completely possible as the original christians had spells and other lower deitys. Anyone who tells you otherwise are either caught up in the propaganda of the modern christian church or the narrow mindedness that can come from some wiccans who say they dont believe in the church because of all its flaws and unwillingness to accept their lifestyle but then turn and persecute christians for their belief. Im catholic, but I am also a vampire, a demonologist, and I dont call myself a wiccan or anything but I have performed a spell or two.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Alexander Pope.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
Im not concerned with what the curch says, my only concern is that it will have negative impact on my relation with god.

Angelus

• Watchers
  • Realized Monster
  • Im not what you think.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
No. As long as you follow the standard guidelines he puts out. I still believe in God. I believe in a god that doesn't have the insecurity of a 13 year old girl and needs told that I still believe in him every sunday. My relationship with him has not changed. I still even attend mass on occasion. He has not punished me for anything yet. I also believe in all the other religions gods, I just don't think they are actually the same type of entity as god. I just think that their is one god. call him what you will. I call him God.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Alexander Pope.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
Hmm Yeah, in fact it is me that need to look inside myself and know the answer.

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
i think I can make this alot easier for you. The sections of the bible that are against witchcraft were added later. And back then witchcraft was just any other religion that wasn't based off the judeo christian, one god belief and acts of witchcraft were celebrating or praying or tributing your gods. Early christianity, before the churches started editing the religion and texts contained witchcraft. You can still find spells and such now based off early christian rights. They also belived in spirits and angels which were christianised versions of the pagan and wiccan gods and godesses. So yes it is completely possible as the original christians had spells and other lower deitys. Anyone who tells you otherwise are either caught up in the propaganda of the modern christian church or the narrow mindedness that can come from some wiccans who say they dont believe in the church because of all its flaws and unwillingness to accept their lifestyle but then turn and persecute christians for their belief. Im catholic, but I am also a vampire, a demonologist, and I dont call myself a wiccan or anything but I have performed a spell or two.

prove it!

at the time of "early christians" there would have been no witchcraft as they came into being during the roman occupation. 

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_chov.htm

you are slightly right about witchcraft, that term came into use during king james, the trick to understanding the roots of christianity is understanding judaism, and they did have some serious rules against anything that could be considered a form of sorcery, polytheism, or other heathen religion, anything "christian witchcraft" would be derived from roman catholic dogma. 

So sure...if you're a roman catholic there's no problems with witchcraft...it all deals with praying and making offerings to idols in lieu of God with elaborate rites and rituals to show it all off.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:54:10 PM by jordyn »
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
Hmm Yeah, in fact it is me that need to look inside myself and know the answer.

that's using your heart!

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »
As I, and Jordyn, have stated. Research your beliefs. Don't just go by what others tell you. If you do this, you will find your own truth.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:30 AM »
Indeed intersting info jordyn, but what do you mean with "lieu of God"?

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:07 AM »
Hmm, i decided that practising Wicca might be a little to heavy for me, so i think will search for early christian, solomon and jewish kinds of magick, since they seem to be more connected to god

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Indeed intersting info jordyn, but what do you mean with "lieu of God"?

I think she means the Saints (correct me if I'm wrong, jordyn).

quite right!...and angels and statues and relics and the virgin mary...it seems they pray to everyone but God, the Source has loved us from our creation. he created what they worship and now pollute the true messages one can find if they seek them with God, not with empty words and hollow hearts of men.

where did Jesus preach, how did he live, what did he say?  that's the christian way.  ;)

God's old school, i like old school...you have talk to the jews to understand Him but he speaks with more might.  :D

if one sticks to organized religion then they end up going elsewhere with hate in their heart, i did...it's not true if it's not your choice.

Belking

• Christians
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:23 AM »
Interesting, i always prefered the old school, old testment of the bible, of cource i have faith in jesus, but i prefer to pray directly to god, however i dont have any problems on praying to saints and the virgin mary, for i am no workshiping them has gods but has saints, choosen by god to speak his might.

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 07:24:29 AM »
Speak his might? or His will........

Think for one second. The saints come and go like rocks on a river bed depending on the current pope.

these aren't avatars of a deity's power and wisdom, these are men and women selected and invented to symbolize and humanize the face of the religion in order to keep it from going passe.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts