Angelus:

--- Quote from: Muerte on January 26, 2011, 12:37:22 PM ---  Lycantropy

The child switched upon birth

Homuculus

One who is able to assume the form of anouther

Or one who is changed by magics

Which type are we to discuss?

--- End quote ---

Since this is the fay boards we are talking about the fairy babies switched with human babies.

--- Quote from: whatami on January 27, 2011, 08:01:40 AM ---this is probably a stupid question but do changelings always know they arechangelings??

--- End quote ---

If a changeling reached full maturity without being killed then no. They probably aren't aware. The likelyness is slim since changelings are easily spotted by either deformities, the parent recognising that the child is not theirs, and their severe skin alergy to iron.

Changelings were also a good excuse for women with post natal depression who would insist that the child was not theirs because it just screams and cries and it doesn't stop or because a child is born with a physical deformity. These poor children were then burned with red hot iron and if found to be a changeling, were burned or drowned. Much like witches.

Levinthross:
I've been taught there are as many as three types of changelings when looking at changelings from a fae/human perspective. Number one is a old or verybyoung fae who is exchanged with a human child so that there human counterpart may either grow up as a servant,concubine, wife or husband for the fae. Number two is a child who is part fae or has some fae heritage that is often "triggered or spiked" by magical activity around the mother during her gestation. Number three being a malignant spirit that feeds off of the mother parasitically or often dies in infancy only to be reborn by the mother over and over again. All changelings fulfill some or all of these descriptions either being sickly, frail weak or thin, dispraportioned, malformed, beautiful, extremely diallated eyes, hypnotizing eyes, demonic features.

I relegate myself as a member of the 2nd category while not half fae I am quite sure that i do have some in my heritage, and from observing myself and other family members ive come to these conclusions. Changelings excel at glamour magic, if strong enough and used on a young enough cangeling glamour magic can become permanent physical features. Likewise since some parts of therre physical body are made up of a mixture of flesh and condensed glamoury many pictures seem to depict them completely wrong.
Sometime after puberty the full moon makes more of their fae nature appear. Lastly they are incredibly intelligent and wise for there age but tend to be emotionally unstable, they tnd to be able to wish things upon themselves such as certain physical features and in there very early childhood certain abilities.

Countess:
I would say I am probably the second catagory. I know I am not half fae but it is in there somewhere. Glamour magic has always been one of my specialties. The first spell I ever did turned my very green eyes a spring blue for 3 days as opposed to the 20 minutes or so that was expected. I mentioned before that my mother has always asserted that there is something just not totally human about me.  My eyes naturally change color depending on how angry I am, from just a slightly lighter green than normal all the way to yellow in rare instances which is quite startling when it is directed at someone for the first time. Most people close to me have learned to look at my eyes & know when to simply bow out & leave.

Levinthross:
lucky lol my eyes just go from there normal very deep brownish to pitch black and varying on the circumstances my iris's and pupils grow in size.
To help determine what type of fae your descended from i suggest just writing out a list of favorite things like numbers food times of day seasons and see how many of tose matchup with a specific fairy and dthere ancestry. For a even further in depth look few people realize that the nymphs and satyrs of greek lore are all a certain species of fae and there genealogies are all very well documented.

Angelus:
The Fay were always known to breed with humans. The offspring is not a changeling. The children are always just refered to as fay, even with their half human physiology.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version