Apocalypse Soon > Conspiracies

Mythbusters banned from talking about RFID

(1/1)

Nina:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7kBhts9a8&feature=player_embedded

Jake:
Mythbusters should film a mythbusting segment about this video clip.

The people originally implicated said:

--- Quote ---Of the handful of people on the call, there were mostly product managers and only one contactless payment company's legal counsel member. Technical questions were asked and answered and we were to wait for MythBusters to let us know when they were planning on showing the segment. A few weeks later, Texas Instruments was told by MythBusters that the storyline had changed and they were pursuing a different angle which did not require our help.
--- End quote ---

Savage responded:

--- Quote ---There's been a lot of talk about this RFID thing, and I have to admit that I got some of my facts wrong, as I wasn't on that story, and as I said on the video, I wasn't actually in on the call," Savage said in the statement. "Texas Instruments' account of their call with Grant and our producer is factually correct. If I went into the detail of exactly why this story didn't get filmed, it's so bizarre and convoluted that no one would believe me, but suffice to say...the decision not to continue on with the RFID story was made by our production company, Beyond Productions, and had nothing to do with Discovery, or their ad sales department.
--- End quote ---

MythBusters did end up running an episode about RFID, in January 2008.

There are issues with RFID cards well detailed elsewhere. But this is not the smoking gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version