Monstropedia > Mythical Monsters

“Mermaids: The Body Found” increases speculation on existence of mermaids

(1/1)

Nina:

by By Amanda Shore

Paul Robertson, a former employee of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), speaks in a two-hour Animal Planet special about his experiences with his research team while they were investigating mass whale beachings around the world. This television program, “Mermaids: The Body Found,” took about five years to complete and gives compelling evidence that suggests that mermaids could be real.

In this program, a sound clip that has been called “the bloop” is played as the first piece of evidence that there is an unknown or new species in the water. Robertson and his team were investigating the mass whale beachings in 2007. When they examined the tissue samples that they took from the whales, they discovered evidence of a SONAR weapon. They believed that this weapon caused the whales to become disoriented. The whales tried to escape the blasts of sound and ended up in waters that were too shallow to support their massive sizes, so they ended up beached.

To try and prove this theory, they pulled up one of their buoys that was recording SONAR activity. It was in this recording that the bloop was discovered. They recognized the sound of another animal mixed in with the sounds of the whales and dolphins. After more closely inspecting it, they discovered that the unknown creature was communicating with them, possibly warning each other to get away.

Later on, there was another mass beaching in South Africa. The researchers in South Africa had recorded similar sounds on their own devices. Robertson and his team traveled there to investigate. There, they were shown the remains of an unknown creature that had been found inside a great white shark. After carefully studying this creature’s remains, these scientists became convinced that it was a mermaid.

more at The Guardian Express

Marloe:
...too bad it's a mockumentary.

Dani-Bear:
I watched that and it really made me think...Call me crazy but uhh- yeah. But seriously- I'll beleive that i came from a mermaid before i beleive that i evolved from an ape/ although they are considered the 'aquatic ape'. :P
 But in my opinion i could beleive it, although i am a skeptic myself- ide have to see it to really beleive it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version