Witches Brew > Dreaming

LUCID DREAMS

<< < (11/12) > >>

Kadesh:

--- Quote from: oldbill4823 on September 13, 2009, 12:31:26 PM ---A simple remedy to this would be to realise you are dreaming whilst in the middle of these dreams.

Other than the horror part you have some very cool ultra realistic stuff going on when you are asleep.
--- End quote ---

I know I'm dreaming the entire time.. and I'm trying to wake myself up... which I do... for a heart beat... then right back into the same or another nightmare. And when I do wake up, the remnants of the nightmare are so strong, that I don't know if it was real or not. I have that problem with regular dreams as well, so you can imagine how much more terrible it is with nightmares.

--- Quote from: oldbill4823 on September 13, 2009, 12:31:26 PM ---Itd be dumb NOT to develop what you obviously have a talent for.

--- End quote ---

What talent??

oldbill4823:
If you are aware that you are dreaming why not have a bit more fun with the contents.

Dreams are THE place where your daily rules dont have to apply. For example who says you have to be scared by any of this?

Being scared by these scenes is a habit you learnt from being awake. The rules here are different. They are MUCH MUCH more flexible.

If you know then you are dreaming then get curious about what your body is capable of in dreams. Toes pointing sideways is a cinch. Broken bones, skin peeling off etc, its all under your control in a dream. It doesnt have to hurt or be scary.
Get curious about it all, play with whats possible.

When you start to control your dreams and the conents of them, then its likely that the whole mood  and feel of them will transform too. Its very much like learning to drive. Its daunting and scary to start with. Eventually its fun and second nature.

Your talent is that you are a great dreamer. All you have to do now is learn to drive your dreams rather than being in perpetual dreamt car crashes.
Thats the essence of it anyway.

Kadesh:

--- Quote from: oldbill4823 on September 13, 2009, 03:45:05 PM ---It doesnt have to hurt or be scary.
--- End quote ---

It doesn't just hurt in the dream, though. My toes hurt for hours after I woke up.

Ryobi:
I think what OldBill is trying to say Kadesh is, experiment with bending the rules. Pain is something we experience while we are awake so try to bend your perception of it in your dreams until the pain no longer bothers you while in that situation.

oldbill4823:
At this point ryobi i award you the babel fish medal for services to universal translation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version