Monstropedia > Mythical Monsters

Favorite type of Mythology & why

<< < (3/3)

Loki:
I love all mythologies but I really enjoy Hindu (pre vedic) mythology, it is the grandfather of all European mythologies and there are so many monsters and gods.

rave phillaphia:
it wouldn't allow me to vote because my computer was slow...

I would have chosen Native American mythology and other. My other mythologies which I was surprized not to see would have been Middle Eastern mythology (Sumer, Babylon, Hittite etc.) and Hindu mythology. Hinduism has great stories full of war and trying to obtain peace (spiritual enlightenment or earthly peace). My independent study (I.S.) is looking at Dark Goddesses and their transformations. I am trying to figure out what a Dark Goddess is so I am looking at Kali from Hinduism and Lilith from Judaism.

blow_fly:
Your research project sounds very intriguing. Is your aim to determine which societal factors were responsible for the gradual evolution of the two deities that you're researching?

On an unrelated note, my answer to the question posed by the thread's creator would have to be Native American, Mesoamerican( Maya and Aztec), Persian and Greek  mythology. Persian mythology is especially fascinating because it establishes the paradigm for the good versus evil scenarios that would later dominate mainstream religions like Christianity. As for the Greek and Mesoamerican mythologies, they played a significant role in moulding the  political systems of some of the most complex and interesting ancient civilizations to ever come into existence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version