Faeries, The Fay & The Hidden > Faeries & The Fay

Is Religion a Factor?

(1/3) > >>

Bracken_Reedweb:
Now, I know this may sound strange, but although I strongly believe in the existence of faeries, mermaids, vampires (and no, I don't mean the pure idiocy portrayed in "Twilight"), true witches/ warlocks/ wizards, ghost, demons, aliens, etc... I don't really believe in God. I suppose, at one point I used to believe, I used to just love everything they taught us in Sunday School...but, over time I became very cynical and bitter when it comes to Christianity.

That's certainly not to say that I don't believe in the spiritual, because as I said, I believe in pretty much all aspects of the supernatural. It's just that Christianity, and other such overly-organized religions seem so cruel and...well...un-spiritual!

When it comes to religion, I've stated before (on other sites, in person) that I'm an Atheist, but that not really true. I then thought that I was more of an Agnostic...but, that's not right either!

I lean more towards the spirituality of nature, of the Earth it's self, not some all-knowing and perfect entity called God.

So, what I want to know is: Does my disbelief in God have anything to do with how faeries, or any other kind of supernatural being think of me?

Bracken_Reedweb:
Oh? That's really good to know!

I don't care what the church thinks of me, apparently no matter what I do, according to them, I'm going to Hell simply because I'm not heterosexual...

Thank you so much for replying!

Muerte:
  Couldn't have stated it better my self Lady.  Church............................even saying that word leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Angelus:
I don't think supernatural creatures would give a damn about your religion. They all tend to have there own anyway. I'm catholic. I don't feel anyone here judges me for it and I don't believe you are damned for not believing in god. I take all religions as I take all folklore. Get rid of all the propaganda and nonsense and you will find some truth.

matthew321:
Not many super natural beings even care about your religion. Those that do still won't look negatively upon you for it. Except for a few but the ones you listed are usually neutral.

If anyone calls you crazy for believing in such things then tell them to prove they don't exist besides a lack of evidence. If they fail then proceed to laugh.

Many of these beings have left the company of humans or humanoids for that matter. The "evil" pagan religions actually had a lot of interaction (rituals) with these beings. But that was a long time ago. Christianity managed to crush so much of this down to earth religion. Now i'm not saying it was perfect but it was more spiritual then Christianity.

I am saying Christianity is bad, anything that believes in god is bad IF IT HAS A LABEL, a label is a restriction and spirituality is about growth. With a label restricting that growth there will be odd forms and unnatural forms from it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version