Monstrous Café > Mayday! Mayday!

Help

<< < (3/7) > >>

jordyn:
the nice thing about being in italy is that they're still a highly superstitious people and the research and reaching out to natives for help are excellent ideas, even if you end up with nothing more than some folk remedies and legends, it'll give her a starting point.

the roman church in this case would be helpful over there if the energies are becoming threatening, they're more eager to believe in the supernatural than other denominations it seems and most dominate in italy , but with them it'd go instantly to an evil infestation from the devil since they're really pushing this devil taking over the italy, we need more exorcists thing.

our instructor who runs the semester in venice program every year talks about Italy a lot, yesterday he discussed about how they're still proponents of the "sinister left hand."  like he said, "a few smacks from a ruler quickly cures left handedness."

Wolfman528:
Are you saying that the catholic church believes that left-handed people are the work of the devil or something?

davidn13:
I can't think of any advise that hasn't already been brought up-by people far wiser & more experienced in this sort of thing than myself.If worst comes to worst, she could move or like Jordyn said, ask the church to help. But that's worst case scenario.

Now I know I'm not visiting Italy-I'm left handed & I'm pretty sure I'm not following the devil.
No need to get attacked over a hand preference.   :-P

Wolfman528:
 *<:)If it's true, then that would explain my brothers, the 15 year old is evil, and the youngest is like his clone. :lol:

Countess:
The left-handed thing is as old as the ancient Romans & spread through most of Europe. The latin word for left is "Sinestra" which became "sinister" & since left-handed people are a minority & anything diffrent has a tendancy to cause fear. This lead to the association between left-handedness & the devil. As for the church helping, unless she has access to a local countryside parish I wouldn't advise it. The Roman Catholic Church still steers as clear of the paranormal as they can. The benefit of a country parish priest is that they don't usually feel the thumb of the Vatican as strongly & tend to be more open to the reality of the paranormal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version