Monstropedia > Mythical Monsters

Quiz:Which god are you?

(1/6) > >>

blow_fly:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=8519992224112523293

This was my result:   ''More properly known as The Dagda, he was the Earth Deity-Father of both Gods and men. In this respect he was the Celtic equivalent to Cronus or Zeus of the ancient Greeks. Being the Earth God meant that he controlled the orderly passage of seasons. This cycle was maintained through the guiding melodies produced by a magical harp only The Dagda could play. Since an Earth God is sort of a personification of matter and "stuff," The Dagda owned something called the Undry which was a gigantic pot of abundance filled with an infinite supply of "stuff." One of The Dagda's many names meant "Good God”, but "good" in the sense of being good at doing things. He was a jack-of-all-trades, skilled and accomplished in all his endeavours. Well, for the most part. Apparently his imagination wasn't all that "good" - when his wife bore him three daughters in succession he named each one of them Brigit''.

bridigid:
Your result for The Mythological God Test ...

Dagda
Indeed, you are 83% erudite, 88% sensual, 75% martial, and 75% saturnine.

ok...in the interest of not being redundant,
see blow_fly's post for full description of Dagda

B

Chaos:
My result:

Anubis
"Anubis was the Egyptian God of funerary rituals and the protector of the dead as well as the judge of souls and ruler of the underworld. Since it was his duty to weigh souls (along with the Goddess Maat) as a means of discovering the content of honesty, Anubis was also the God of truth.
He is usually seen as a man with the head of a jackal holding the divine sceptre carried by kings and Gods, but he can also be found on the walls of tombs as a black jackal or dog accompanying Isis. By no means an evil God, his domain of graves and tombs was nevertheless a frightening one, but then, one that offered the chance of an afterlife.

But why did the Egyptian God of the Dead have the head of a jackal? Well, jackals have the uncomfortable habit of lurking about tombs and graves, which was one of the reasons why the Egyptians sought to make their tombs more elaborate; to keep the bodies safe from the rather smart black canines. It is only natural therefore that a God of mummification would be connected with them. By worshipping Anubis, they hoped to invoke him to protect their deceased and assure their safe journey through the underworld, his domain."

Mr. Kreepy:
I kind of like this result. :-D

Pan
Some people have extremely sensitive nerves and tend to become startled very easily. For this we can thank the God Pan who, according to the Greeks, was responsible for the irrational terror that fills animals and humans alike. In fact we call it Panic in recognition of this weird God's twisted sense of humour.
Pan was also the God of male sexuality which was made abundantly clear by portraying him with the features of a goat (well known for their fertility), from the waist on down.
And so does Cernunnos, the Celtic God of fertility, sexual love, the wilderness, and the Underworld. He had stag features and a wild side just like Pan. The two have a lot in common. Being used as a blueprint for the Christian devil, for example.

blow_fly:
I wasn't aware of the fact that you would enjoy the idea of actually having the physical attributes of a goat, Kreepy. Now, the  insatiable sex drive, that's something most men would like to have I guess, but being covered in bristly hair and possessing ungainly hooves instead of proper feet,  dude?   :?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version