Monstrous Music & Games > Favorite bands

Fleetwood Mac

(1/1)

Morticia:
I was about to get waaay off topic up above with Markus, discussing Fleetwood Mac.

I'd like to hear about the concert you saw.  And if you went to one after "Tango In The Night", then you might be almost as old as I am.

Yay!  We need some old blood around here.

I think Fleetwood Mac could qualify as 'Monstrous'.  Stevie Nicks calls her publishing company "Welsh Witch", there were always rumors of witchcraft beliefs within the band, and they had enough angst and anger with each other in their personal lives to cause them to write some of the best rock 'n roll going.

~Morticia

p.s.  I know, I know.  A lot of the teens here are saying, "Who's Fleetwood Mac?"  I was in a theatre recently wearing a shirt that said, "W.W.R.D.?"  (What would Ringo do?) and the ticket taker asked me who Ringo was.  I felt like smacking her!!

markus:

--- Quote ---I'd like to hear about the concert you saw.  And if you went to one after "Tango In The Night", then you might be almost as old as I am.
--- End quote ---

It was back in the 80's (can't remeber, yes I am that old) and they appeared at what used to be called the "Omni" in Atlanta Ga

My sister and one of her friends bought some tickets when they heard FM was coming to town

Ended up less than half way thru the concert some people left early and handed
my sisters friend something, low and behold a front row ticket

Needless to say who ended up there :-D they finally found me iafter the concert in a state of bliss

--- Quote ---"Who's Fleetwood Mac?"
--- End quote ---
:-o :?

How dare them..my kids ask me that, I will send them to their room and listen to the good stuff like "Rumours" :-D

I did see stevie nicks in the 80's at a huge concert in "Red Rock?" called the
"Us Festival"

Devious Viper:
Although I'm old enough, I never really got into Fleetwood Mac. I like a few of their songs, individually (inc. "The Chain", "Oh Well") but they never really flicked my switches; (I didn't mind "Heart" too much, and I class them in the same genre.)

I was over in the prog camp, Pink Floyd, Yes, early (Gabriel era) Genesis, Deep Purple, you get the picture.

Great Mac lyric, though:

"Can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I aint pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to

Oh well

Now when I talk to God
I know he understands
He said 'sit by me and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to'

Oh well..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE4HGlmtOcg

markus:
Good old song DV

Has that old blues sound

FM is a group I love but my taste is pretty diversified,  I also like Floyd,Zepplin, etc so that gives you a sample of what I grew up to

Love Genesis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version